16: Jake

After breakfast, I had kissed Cora goodbye and went to my class. It's a class that I don't have to attend but I do anyway because it is actually really fun. The class is for studying light fairy history and the only reason it isn't boring is because the teacher is Mr. Watson. Mr. Watson is awesome. He always lets us eat in class and gives us candy. I know it sounds childish but I know you want the candy too. Wouldn't anybody?

As I walk into class, it is in the bright green and blue building in the middle of the clouds, I pass the red sculpture that strongly resembles a lobster and everybody calls a Lobstrosity for a reason I do not know. Nick said Ian knew what it meant, something about a book, but whatever.

I take my usual seat in between Holly Bidders and Rick Dixon. Now, I love this class but I hate the people I sit with. For starters, Holly smells like old feet, she is a slut and a half and refuses to believe the fact that she is not good at everything. Now Rick on the other hand, is always making me do all the work. Due to the fact that I have almost no social skills, I will always end up doing it for him. The only thing he isn't too lazy to do is write his name on my work.

"Partner up!" Says Mr. Watson as he stands at the front of the room with smile so big I can see his back teeth. Nobody moves. Too busy talking. He looks hard at the class through his thick, black framed glasses and the class quiets down, "Good morning, light fairies! Today we will be talking about," he stomps his foot 3 times as if to make the 'DUN DUN DUNNNNN!' in horror movies, "The Great Dreadwing War of 1836! But we will do a mini demonstration within your groups to make it more interesting."

This should be fun. Wonder who he will put me with. He always tells the class to 'partner up' and then we don't and then he says to again and the class does but I don't because I have to friends other than the ones I live with. It's not as lonley as you would think.

"Alright, everybody partner up. For real this time or I might make you stand in the corner as if you were the 5 year olds you act like." Everybody scampers to find their friends and be their partner and I just sit in my seat, wishing I could be friends with somebody in here just to make things easier.

"Everybody have a partner?" Mr. Watson asks.  As usual I raise my hand to show that I don't. He frowns, "Of corce. Mr. Jake Harrison.  Well seeing as you are the only person without a partner, you will work with Karla and Philip. Play nice." He says, the 'play nice' directed to Karla and Philip. I don't like either of them. They will make me do all the work, just like Rick.

It doesn't matter. Not any different than usual.

I walk over to their table and sit down. They have this look on their faces, like having me, the loner with crazy blue hair and no friends that they associate with, disgusts them.

"Hey..." I say awkwardly. They stare blankly at me. I'm just going to stop trying now. I grab a slip of paper and begin to write the script for the reenactment. Mr. Watson said he would teach the class about the war but I already know about it. Pretty much everything. I like to read when I'm bord and when I ran out of books at my house when I was young, I always went to the library. Most likely why I'm not a big fan of people outside my circle.

That circle, for most of my life, consisted of my brother, Ian, and Tara, though she left a few years ago to befriend Cora and make things better for when she got here. My parents, well, they were something. My mom died when I was around 5 and Nick was 8. Now I'm 16 making Nick 19. Mom died because she fell down the stairs. That's what everybody thinks, anyway. My—

"What are you doing, Mr. Harrison?" Mr. Watson asks me, causing me to loses my thought.

"Starting the script," I say, my voice small, "I already know about the subject."

"Good, " he starts, "But Philip and Karla need to help or they get no grade." He glares at them. This makes me smile and earn a glare from Karla. She grumbles and Mr. Watson walks away.

"So..." I say as they stare at me. I don't like the looks they are giving me.

"What do you want us to do?" Philip asks and he earns a slap from Karla.

"Just leave that to me." I start, "All you will have to do is read your scripts."

___

"Bam Bam Bam." Philip says as he fake hits Karla on the head. She is dressed as a Dreadwing, paper wings and plastic beak taped to her arms and face.

"Oh no." Karla says as she falls to the ground, pretending to die.

"And seen!" I say to the class. I wasn't in the 'reenactment'. I just wrote it to watch Karla and Philip make fools of themselves in front of the whole class.

"That was," Mr. Watson pauses, "Definently something."

"Why thank you, Mr. Watson." I reply wile Philip helps Karla remove her makeshift costume and the class starts talking again. We were the last group to present so we will be dismissed soon.

"Ok, class, you can go. Just remember to push in your chairs." They don't push their chairs in. They leave like the rude little bitches they are. Not all of them are bitches, though. Only most of them.

I go back to my seat, push in my chair(and everyone else's chair because I'm a good person)then and hurry out of the room. I worm my way through the hall and out the door, into the fresh air of  The Clouds.

I cannot wait to see Cora.