Chapter 10

I'm awoken by knocks on my bedroom door. I sit up in my bed and scrunch up my face in confusion. What time is it even? Have I been sleeping for long? 

I glance over at the alarm clock and it says 21:07 so I've only been sleeping for barely even half an hour. I groan softly, not really feeling like talking to anyone. I lay down again and pull the duvet over my head. Unfortunately whoever is at my door (mum or Gemma) doesn't feel like giving up. More knocks are heard and I groan louder this time. 

"Go away! Leave me alone." I grumble and press my face into the mattress. 

"Harry? Open up please." I sit up in an instant when I hear his Irish accent ringing through the door. What the hell is he doing here?

"Niall?" I question confusedly. It kind of feels like I'm dreaming. Maybe I'm still asleep and this is all a dream. 

"Harry? Can I come in?" He asks me again and I flush pink, feeling my face involuntarily display a smile. He's actually here, my Niall is here.

"Uh, yeah." Completely forgetting the fact that I'm nothing but my boxer briefs, I walk over to the door and open it. Niall meets my eyes, but the minute his eyes rake over my body he raises an eyebrow. 

"Uh, you've went to bed I assume?" he holds in a cackle, it's so obvious by his facial expression. I look down at my body and blush in an instant. I begin to stutter out words meanwhile Niall is looking at me with an amused look. 

"Don't worry Harry. Nothing I haven't seen before. Although you do have more muscles than last time I saw you like this. What were we? 15?" Niall walks into my room and I grab a pair of sweats from the floor. 

"What are you doing here Niall? At nine pm." I ask him, not that I want him to leave but just because I'm curious. He might not hate me anymore, but it's not like we're close. And I'm kind of disappointed that Michael didn't get the apology he deserved. He's nothing but kind and then he gets told he's a joke. 

"I-, your phone call worried me. I wanted to talk to you but you didn't answer." I've never been this in love. He's so wonderful and caring and I just want to cuddle the shit out of him. 

"Sorry. I shouldn't have called you. It was dumb. It was just- You were the first person who popped into my mind." I say with a blush. Niall has taken a seat on my bed and he's looking up at me with eyes full of concern. 

"Tell me. You can trust me." he says and in this moment, I'm to weak to resist him. 

"Gemma and Ash broke up." I blurt, tears starting to form in my eyes. Niall looks quite shocked and to be frank, I would be shocked as well if I were him. Niall and I were 14 when we first met Ashton. Gemma and Ashton being together was my reality, I can remember her other boyfriends, but I never expected Gem and Ash to break up. 

"What?" he asks, still wearing a shocked expression. 

"Uh yeah. And maybe I shouldn't be this sad and maybe I'm being selfish. But I'm going to miss Ashton so much. He's just, he's the one person in the whole world I tell everything and now he's not gonna be around anymore." I say and at one point my voice cracks a little. Niall smiles softly at me and stands up, holding his arm out to me. I quickly embrace him and nuzzle my face into his shoulder. 

"You're not selfish Harry. You're so kind and Ashton was a big part of your life too. You're justified to have these feelings." He mumbles as he hugs me. I close my eyes and just relax in his embrace. His hugs has always been able to calm me down and has always made me feel loved and taken care of. 

"I'm sorry I called you Niall." I mumble into the fabric of his jumper, but he simply chuckles quietly. 

"It's okay. You had me worried though." his words warm my heart.