Chapter 4

My heart beats so hard and my breathing is certainly not normal. I'm walking to football practice and I'm shitting myself because I'm so incredibly nervous. Just the fact that I'm gonna play football in the presence of Niall is frightening. I remember watching him and he plays like a god. He's a natural at this god damn sport. Another thing that adds to my nervousness is that there are 25 other guys that also plays football. The town's sports facility is only a few meters away now and I walk in the direction of the football field. It kind of feels like my throat is closing up and that I get no air at all. When I get to the locker room I walk in and there are so many boys here. Niall is in a corner with his two friends and a bunch of other guys. They're laughing and talking and I'm so jealous of all of them. Not as jealous of them as I am of Julia, but jealous none the less. I gulp before claiming an empty spot and I start to mentally and physically, prepare myself with what is to come. I put on my gear and change my shoes to the football shoes that Niall so selflessly gave me. A total of eleven minutes pass, before everyone starts to move out of the locker room and out onto the field. Niall throws a look my way but quickly look away when I meet his gaze. Right. He hates me. I send a quick text to Ashton before leaving my phone in my jacket pocket and following everyone else out. 

To: Ashton
He hates me :( I won't survive this!!! Can you pick me up afterwards? 

 I timidly walk a few meters behind everyone else and when they all stop in a half circle in front of the coach, I have no idea what to do. Luckily, I don't have to worry for too long. 

"Hey coach! We got a new kid today." I hear Niall saying with his beautiful Irish accent. His voice is so mesmerizing. It just makes chills run down my spine. The coach looks around before spotting me. 

"Ah! There you are!" he says with a welcoming and friendly smile. 

"C'mon boy. Don't be shy, come here and stand with the rest of your teammates. We'll take a round of names." The coach is really nice and that makes me heart beat slow down slightly, which is nice, I've so tremendously nervous. I feel a bit calmer now. I take a few steps until I'm in the same rounded line, that all the other boys are standing in. 

"Okay. I'll start. I'm coach Jarvis. And you are?" the tone he speaks with is light and warm. 

"I'm Harry." I say and instantly all the boys on the team start to say their names in order, and I've forgotten them the minute they said them. When it's Niall's turn he grins. 

"I'm Hagrid and you're a wizard Harry." he tells me, with a silly grin placed upon those heaven like lips. The entire team erupts into laughter and Niall looks so proud. He's always been like that. Looking like he's saved the world when people laugh at his jokes. 

"Horan." Th coach warns, causing Niall to roll his eyes. 

"It's okay coach. He already knows my name." Niall says with a cocky smirk. Damn him. I wish I could hate him but I really do love him. 

"Still I expect you to be nice and welcoming. You're the captain of this team Niall. That is an honor. Don't disappoint in your role as that." Coach Jarvis sounds fed up with Niall at the moment and I really just want to tell him that it's okay. That Niall has pulled that joke on me a million times before and that I just find everything he says funny. 

"Yes sir." Niall salutes the coach before turning to me. 

"I am Niall James Horan. But you already know that, don't you?" he's looking at me and I swear that it's like we're 14 again, in my room and just joking around with each other. I nod as a reply to his question and there's a tint of a blush on my cheeks as I do so. The rest of the team introduces themselves and then we dive into practice. Since I'm clearly not on the same level as all the other boys the coach pulls me to the side and we talk about my knowledge of football. What rules I understand and so on. We talk about technique and about the game that takes place tomorrow.