12 // Tini

Ricky and Lukas ran off to the playground. Jorge took a blanket and spread it out on the grass.

I took Stella out of the pram and layed her down on the blanket. Jorge and I both sat down. "How are you feeling?"

I shrugged. "Good." I said. Stella grab my finger in her little hand. I smiled down at her and then placed a hand on my stomach. My stomach made a very unattractive sound. Jorge and I chuckled.

"I believe someone is hungry in there." I laughed as Jorge took something out of the picnick basket. He scooted over to me with a slice of cake in his hand. "Open up." I rolled my eyes and opened my mouth. Jorge put a piece of the chocolate cake in my mouth.

I began to chew on it. "Olga makes the best cakes ever!" I commented as I had swallowed the cake. Jorge nodded. "Open up." Jorge did as I told and I put a piece of cake in his mouth.

We both laughed.

We finished feeding each other. I picked Stella up and put her down between Jorge and I. I layed back down and closed my eyes.

My hand was resting on my stomach. I felt Jorge's fingers lace together with mine.

We layed there for what felt like hours. Just Jorge, Stella and I. I felt something wet fall down on my forehead. I opened one eye.

"Not now." I groaned. Jorge chuckled. More rain drops began to fall.

"I'll go get the boys. You put Stella back in her pram." I nodded. Jorge ran off to the playground to get his sons.

I picked Stella up and kissed her nose, what made her smile. I kissed her nose once more and then I stood up to put her in her pram. I pulled the cap down to keep her as dry as possible.

I began to pack the blanket and all the other stuff we brought. I put it in the bottom of the pram.

I got my jacket out and zipped it up all the way. From a far I saw Jorge running my way with Ricky and Lukas. "Do we really need to walk back home?" Lukas whined. I helped him put his jacket on.

"How else do you think we'll get home, you egghead?" Ricky asked as he rolled his eyes and zipped his jacket up.

"Ricky!" Both Jorge and I said. Ricky quickly apologized.

I sighed. "I know where we can go for some shelter. It's not too far away." I said. I began pushing Stella's pram ahead of me. Jorge, Ricky and Lukas quickly followed me.

-

I rang the doorbell to a very old looking house. Lukas stood next to me and rubbed his hands over his arms. "Where are we?" He asked.

The door flew open. "Martina?"

"Mom!" All I wanted to do was hug her, but I wasn't sure if that was all she wanted, too. "Can we maybe come in?"

She seemed to hesitate. "Who's at the door?" Francisco appeared next to mom. "Tini! Mom, let them in. They're freezing!"

"Right. Uh, come in." Mom let us all in. Jorge went to stand next to me. Francisco took the kids upstairs to look for dry clothes. We all quietly stood there.

"Mom, this is Jorge. I, uh, I'm the nanny of his kids." Mom looked up and then looked at Jorge's arm that was wrapped around my waist. "And my boyfriend."

She nodded. "Go upstairs and get dry clothes. We'll talk about this then." I nodded. I grabbed Jorge's hand and took him to my old bedroom.

"You lived here?" Jorge asked as I looked through my small closet if there were any jumpers left. I ignored his question.