5 // Jorge

Tini has been our nanny for nearly five weeks now. And she really has changed the vibe around here. In a good way.

I try to be here in the mornings and have breakfast with them. And in the evenings I try to be here when they need to go to bed and when I can't, I will call and tell them goodnight.

Tini's stomach started showing a little bit now. She and I became really good friends. It was a Saturday afternoon and we just came back from Ricky's soccer game.

I was sitting in my office when someone knocked on my door. "Yes?"

Tini walked in. I smiled at her. "I hate to ask," she started, "but can you, uh, maybe drive me to the hospital? My car doesn't start. And if you don't have any time, can I take your car?"

I took my keys in my hand. "I'll take you. No problem." I said. We walked towards the kitchen. On our way we stopped to get our coats. I helped Tini put hers on.

"Olga," I said as I stepped in to the kitchen, "can you watch the kids for a bit? I'm taking Tini to the hospital." Olga smiled as she nodded.

"Of course. Take all the time in the world." She winked at me as she turned back to the dishes. I returned to Tini.

"All ready?" Tini nodded. We walked towards my car. Once we were on our way, I looked over at her. She was playing with her fingers. "Nervous?" I asked her.

She looked at me. "Is it that obvious?" She nervously chuckled. I smiled at her.

"It's okay. I was very nervous when Stephie and I had our very first ultrasound." My smile faded as I thought of Stephie.

Tini put her hand on top of mine. "I'm glad you're coming with me." She softly said. I took a quick look at our hands and then looked back at the road.

About fifteen minutes later we arrived at the hospital. Tini let go of my hand and got out of the car.

We walked towards the pregnancy ward of the hospital. Tini walked towards the front desk to check herself in. She thanked the nurse and then took me to a waiting room.

Once we sat down, Tini's leg started bouncing up and down. I grabbed her hand and rubbed my thumb over the back of her hand. "Calm down." I softly said. Tini took a deep breath.

"Have you thought of names already?" I said as I tried to distract her. Tini shook her head. "Well, you still have plenty of time for that."

"Martina Stoessel?" A nurse stepped out of a room. Tini stood up. I let go of her hand and took a magazine from the table beside me.

"Jorge?" I looked up at Tini. She was standing in the door opening. "Will you please go in with me?"

I was taken by surprise. She wants me there with her? To be honest, I was secretly hoping she would ask. "Are you sure?" I asked. Tini nodded with a smile.

"A hundred percent sure."

I have to admit that the past two weeks I might have devolped a small crush on Tini.

I stood up and followed Tini into the room. All sorts of memories came flooding back from when Stephie was pregnant the first time.

The nurse told Tini to lay down on the bed. I was looking around the room and didn't pay any attention to the nurse. "Sir?" I turned around. "You can take a seat."

"Right." I took a seat and sat down near the bed. "Still nervous?" I asked Tini.

She nodded. "It's a good kind of nervous, though. Like excitment." She said. I nodded.

Our heads turned to the door as we heard it open and shut. The nurse walked back into the room. Ha, I didn't even notice that she left.

She sat down on the other side of Tini. "Alright. My name is Sofia. I will be your nurse during your pregnancy." The nurse said. She shook both our hands. "Is it your first?"

I said no and at the same time Tini said yes. We looked at each other and chuckled. "I have three already." I told the midwife.

"We're not together!" Tini said with a small laugh. "We're, uh, friends. The baby's father isn't in the picture."

Sofia nodded. "Okay. You may lift your shirt up a little." Tini did as she was told and lifted her shirt up. The nurse put some gel on her stomach.

I remember Stephie saying it was quite cold. The nurse moved a wand around Tini's stomach.

We looked over at the screen. "And there's your baby." Sofia pointed at something on the screen. I softly smiled. I looked over at Tini who had tears in her eyes.

I laced my fingers together with hers. She looked at our hands and smiled. She looked at the screen. "Do you want to find out the baby's gender?"

"Uh, I don't know. Can you already?" Sofia looked over at the screen. Tini looked at me. "Did you?"

"Uh, only with Stella. Stephie wanted to find out. I'd rather be surprised." I told Tini, who nodded.

"I'm sorry, but the baby isn't in the right position. Maybe at a next ultrasound? You'll have time to think about wanting to find out." Sofia told us.

"Can we have pictures, though?" Tini asked. Sofia nodded.

"Yes, of course. I will be right back." She handed Tini some tissues. "You can wipe the gel off now." She the left the room.

Tini put her shirt back down. "Thank you for coming with me. That means a lot." I gave her smile.

The nurse came back with the photo's. She handed them all over to Tini. "You are sixteen weeks now, right?" Tini nodded. "Okay. Usually the ultrasounds are at ten and twenty weeks. I would suggest you'd make an apointment for week twenty-six then."

"Okay. Thank you." Tini said and shook hands with Sofia. I did the same. I helped her with her coat and the we went back to my car.

I went to the drivers seat. Tini kept looking at the pictured. "One for your family?" I asked. Tini shook her head.

"My parents don't want to have anything to do with me anymore. Maybe one for Fran, but I don't know."

I looked at my lap. "Can, uh, can I maybe have one?" I quietly asked. I looked over at her at the same time she looked at me.

She gave me a small smile. She looked through the photo's. She handed me one. I smiled at it. "Thank you."

-

I sat in my office on Monday morning, looking at the ultrasound.

Why did I want one? Because now I'll always have a part of Tini with me. Ruggero barged in.

"What are you smiling at?"

I shook my head. "It's nothing." Ruggero snatched the picture out of my hand. "Hey!" I protested.

"Martina Stoessel?" Ruggero wiggled his eyebrows at me. "You like her, mister." He put the picture back.

"Pfft, yeah, as friends. She works for me, remember? Just like you. So, why did you just storm in here?" I asked him.

Ruggero rolled his eyes. "The new artist is here." He simply said. He turned back to the door, but then back to me. "You have an ultrasound picture of her unborn child on your desk. I bet you're probably thinking about her right now," not true, I was thinking about the drawing Lukas made with Ti-, okay, true, "mate, you like her."

I sighed. "Do something about it. From what Mechi told me, she probably likes you, too."

I shot out of my chair and followed Ruggero out of the room. "Tini likes me? What did she say? Rugg, tell me!"

"No." He stepped inside his office and slammed the door in my face.