3 // Tini

I felt someone shake me lightly. "Tini." The voice whispered. "Tini." I opened my eyes and saw Lukas standing in front of me.

"Lukas, what's wrong?" I sat up straight on the couch. Lukas sat down next to me.

"Daddy still isn't home." Lukas sat there with his face in his hands. I looked over at the clock on the wall.

10pm.

"I'm sure he will be home soon." I rubbed Lukas's back. "Should I take you back to your room?" I asked him. Lukas shook his head.

"I want to wait for daddy." He said and crossed his legs. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair. "Can I sleep here until daddy is home?"

"Yes, sure." I layed back down and Lukas went to lay in front of me. I wrapped my arm around him. "Good night, Lukas."

"Good night, Tini." He mumbled. Not much later I heard his steady breathing. I wanted to get up and put him to bed, but I was too tired to get up.

I layed my head down and closed my eyes. I thought of my baby and how I would manage to take care of him or her and take care of Jorge's kids.

That would be quite a challenge. Lukas squirmed a bit in my arms. I opened my eyes to look at him. He whispered something in his sleep that I couldn't quite understand. "Shh, it's okay, Lukas. I'm right here."

That seemed to call him down. I yawned. I closed my eyes and layed my head down. I felt myself fall asleep quick after that.

-

Someone unwrapped my arms from Lukas. Sleepily, I opened one eye and saw Jorge take his son into his arms. I sat up and rubbed my fists through my eyes. My eyes darted to the clock.

01:45 am.

I sighed. I ran a hand through my hair. I hadn't noticed that Jorge already came back from bringing Lukas upstairs. He sat down next to me. "Are you okay?"

I looked over to him. "Yes, I'm fine." With my right hand I massaged my right shoulder shortly.

"Do your shoulders hurt?" He asked with a worried expression on his face.

I nodded. "Yes, but it's okay. Don't worry about it." I stood up. I walked towards the stairs. With a bit of hesitation I turned around. "Ricky and Lukas asked about you all evening. Lukas couldn't even sleep because you weren't home."

Jorge wanted to speak, but I interupted him. "I don't want to be rude on my first day, but you are the only parent they have right now. I know how it is to lose two parents at once, okay? They still have you, be there for them. Jorge," he looked up and his eyes met mine, "they need you. Now more than ever."

I turned back around. I walked upstairs. I could hear Jorge following me, but there is no way I will turn around. I continued walking to my room, with Jorge still following me.

I went in my room and closed the door right in Jorge's face.

-

The next morning I did the same thing as I did the morning before. Got downstairs with Stella, gave her a bottle and eat my own breakfast.

I heard the backdoor open. Jorge walked in, wearing a grey shirt and jogging pants. He walked over to Stella and got her out of her highchair. "I'll go wake up the boys." Jorge nodded as he talked to Stella in a baby voice.

I walked upstairs to Ricky's room. On my right I heard a door open. "Tini." I looked over and saw Lukas. "Is daddy home?" He sleepily asked. I nodded.

"If you quickly put your clothes on you can still see him." Lukas smiled and disappeared into his room. I opened the door to Ricky's room and saw he was still fast asleep.

I walked over to his bed. "Ricky? Are you up?" He burried his face into his pillow. "Come on, Ricky, your dad is still downstairs. If you hurry, you can still see him." Ricky nodded and slowly got out of bed.

I walked out of Ricky's room and saw Lukas was already on his way downstairs. I decided to wait for Ricky. He came out of his room not even three minutes later.

"Is dad really still home?" Was the first thing he asked as we walked downstairs. I nodded. "Okay." Together we walked to the kitchen.

"Do I smell pancakes?" Ricky's eyes widened and he ran to the kitchen. I slowly followed him.

My lips curled up into a smile as I reached the kitchen. Jorge was making pancakes. He looked up to me and smiled. "Are you staying home all day?" Lukas asked. I sat down next to Ricky.

"Not all day." Lukas and Ricky gave him looks of disappointment. "But, I will take you to school and I promise to be home when you get out of school."

The boys smiled and happily ate their pancakes. "You want one, too, Tini?" Jorge asked after the boys went up to the bathroom to brush their teeth. I shook my head as I felt my breakfast coming back up.

I stood up and ran towards the toilet downstairs. I could hear Jorge walk after me. He held my hair up as I hung above the toilet. I flushed the toilet and stood up, with Jorge's help. "Thank you."

He smiled at me. "Always." We walked out of the small room. I walked up the stairs and went into my en-suite bathroom. I quickly brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth with mouth water.

"Tini?" I heard Ricky step into my bedroom. I stepped out of the bathroom. "Are you coming to take us to school with dad?"

"Uh, yeah. Sure. Let's go." I took Ricky's hand and together we walked downstairs. Once we were downstairs, I saw Lukas standing there with his coat on and his backpack on his back. "Where's your dad?" I asked him.

"He's dressing Stella." He answered. I nodded. Ricky now had his coat on as well. I took mine of the hook as well. Not much later Jorge came downstairs with a dressed Stella.

I went to get Stella's baby carriage. I took Stella out of Jorge's arms and layed her down. "Everyone ready?" Ricky and Lukas nodded.

I walked outside with the boys. Jorge closed the house and followed us. I heard the sound of a car opening. Lukas giggled. "Daddy, what are you doing?"

Jorge frowned. "Taking you to school." He answered. The boys both shook their heads and continued walking towards the road. Jorge looked over at me with a confused look on his face.

I smiled. "We're walking." I said and started pushing Stella's baby carriage ahead. "Boys, watch out for the cars!" I called after them.

"Since when do they walk to school?" Jorge questioned as he walked next to me. I smiled down at Stella as I put her dummy back in her mouth.

"Since yesterday." I simply answered. I continued following the boys. After a couple minutes I sighed. "I'm sorry about last night."

Jorge shook his head. "No, I deserved that." He sighed. He took Stella's baby carriage over from me. "I really want to be there for them, it's just really difficult. Especially when you're on your own."

I softly smiled at him. I looked up and my eyes met his. I layed a hand on top of his. "You're not alone."