5

It's not easy making Noah's house party ready. It's huge and there's expensive shit everywhere. Thankfully, Cara and I find a huge closet in a hallway where we can put all the value items in. Plus it locks. While we are making sure nothing valuable gets broken, Parker is downstairs raiding Noah's' father's bar. She has to go for the less expensive stuff, but that probably won't matter once everyone gets a few shots. People will be too drunk to notice the quality.

"So did you invite Charlie?" Cara asks, waggling her eyebrows at me and picking up the box of more expensive shit. I told her about him and how we were sort-of-kind-of-but-not-really friends.

I cocked my head from side to side, considering my answer. "I mean, I didn't out and ask. I just casually mentioned it and told him everyone would be coming."

We walk to the closet and I open it. She disappears inside for a second before returning empty-handed. She ran her fingers through her short brown hair and nodded. "Oh."

"What?"

She shrugged. "Nothing."

"What is it?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest.

"It's just...he probably won't come." She walks past me and jogs downstairs. I follow her as she walks through the large room and into the kitchen.

"What?" I frown. "Why?"

"Well, have you ever seen him at any parties ever?"

I open my mouth and closed it. No, I don't think so.

"Okay but, that's because I never looked for him. He could have been there and I just didn't notice."

"You didn't exactly tell him you wanted him there."

"I thought it was obvious!"

"Hey, relax. I could be wrong." She gave me a half-hearted smile and goes into the refrigerator, pulling out a bottle of water. She twists the cap off and takes a few gulps before closing it and putting it back in the fridge.

"Right."

Parker walks in seconds later with her arms filled. I go over to her and take a few of the bottles from her and put them in the fridge. She follows suit.

"There's still a couple of six packs. Be right back."

She's gone again.

"Anyway, if he shows up you can get him as drunk as you'd like and take advantage."

"Sure. I'll just be Bill Cosby for the night," I mutter, shaking my head and leaning against the island.

She hits me playfully. "We don't know for a fact he really did that. Innocent until proven guilty."

"Okay," I drag, sarcastically.

Parker comes back in with three six packs.

"Hand me Jack."

She pulls one out the pack and hands it to me. Then she moves and begins putting the bottles in the fridge.

"What are we talking about?"

"Alice's new crush."

"I don't have a crush!" I exclaim, shooting her an agitated look. "He's just a friend."

"Except he's only sort of a friend," Cara informs Parker with a smirk. "Cause she's got a crush on him."

I groan. "Shut up."

"No you shut up!" Parker says, pointing at me. "I'm your best friend here, Allie, I'm supposed to know these things first. Who's the crush?"

"Charlie."