Chapter 4

Skylar's P.O.V

"Here we are! Old chemistry class. Welcome to hell, Sky!" Niall said and pointed at the old wood door with "chemistry" printed on it with big white letters.

"Wow, it still looks the same." I muttered as Calum pulled the doorknob and the door swung open. We were met by a huge wave of talking and laughing. I looked around the room and saw the teacher sitting on his chair rubbing his temples. Wow, I was not expecting this.

"I'm just gonna introduce myself." I said to Niall and Calum who nodded their heads and began walking towards a table in the back where the three of us could sit. I took a deep breath and walked over to the front desk.

"Uhm, excuse me?" I said which made the teacher's head snap up with a tired look. As soon as he saw me his eyebrows raised and he sat up straight on his chair. "Oh, right. New student." He said and tried to give me a smile. I faked a smile as well and began to play with my fingers. I nodded my head and he continued to talk. "Skylar, wasn't it?" He said and nodded his head. "Y-yeah." "Very well, welcome to this class. I'm looking forward to be your teacher. Have a seat." He said and sat down sloppy on his chair and began to massage his temples again.

I gave him a weird look and turned around to get to the seats in the back where my new, and old friends were. On my way back I looked around me. Same old, same old.

In the front we had the classic nerds with a pencil in their hands and an open book about different fire colours. I have never understood how school can be so fun for some. I rolled my eyes and looked to my left.

Punk's and emo's. Sitting there sneaking glares at everyone passing and talking quietly to each other, avoiding eyecontact. 3/5 with coloured hair and piercings. No, not my type either.

Then we had the awkward silent type of students. The once who sit in the middle of the class and looking around in silence. Usually they are on their phones behind the textbooks or just daydream about being in a better place. I caught one of them staring at me, but when I looked at him he quickly turned his head and looked out the window. Typical awkward people.

I got interrupted by loud voices and laughter. Of course. Here we go. My eyes wandered through the classroom and stopped in the back corner to my left. There they were. The popular once. The once with muscles and good looks. They are always loud and a ton of girls are around them 24/7. I looked around the group and saw three guys that looked almost the same sitting in the middle and laughed. All brown hair with tanned skin and white t-shirts and at least 2 girls each. Guessing the leaders... Definitely not my type of people.

Suddenly one of them looked at me and stood up from his seat.

"Hey baby!" He yelled which made everybody in the class turn around and look at me. Well, this was awkward, right? I rolled my eyes and began to walk down the small aisle to get to the seat where Calum and Niall sat and glared at the boy who stood up.

"Honey, I'm talking to you." The boy continued and began walking towards me. I scooped closer to Calum who secretly sneaked his arm around my waist and pulled me closer.

"Go bother someone else, Puckhead." Calum said to the curly haired guy who smirked and continued to walk to me. He rested his elbow on the desk infront of me which made me pull back and lean towards Calum.

"Oh, you've got the Hooder?" He chuckled and looked down on Calum's hand which made me frown. Calum tightened his grip around me as his jaw clenched. "Well 'mr. I-own-the-school-and-my-life-won't-get-any-better-than-this' I don't fucking care what you think, so why don't you take your curly hair and green eyes and leave me and my friends alone?" I snaped and turned back to Calum and Niall who grinned.

I heard a groan and suddenly the guy had turned back and headed towards his gang again.
"Skylar, what the hell? What kind of girl are you?" Niall chuckled and tried hard not to burst out laughing. "He was annoying, okay?" I grinned and smiled at him.

Suddenly someone cleared their throats beside me which me roll my eyes and turn around to see one of the other guys standing there. "What? Is it your turn to flirt?" I sassily questioned and raised an eyebrow. He smirked at me and chuckled slightly.

"No. I'm here so ask you to join us at lunch. No flirt. Just a friendly gesture." The hazel eyed boy said and winked at me. I looked at Calum who seemed to have an even tighter jaw and he gripped my waist tighter. "Uhm, no thank you. I-I'm good." I hesitantly said and gave him a weak smile.

"Urg, that's too bad. Me and the boys wants to get to know you. Especially Harry." He said and pointed at the curly haired boy who had been trying to flirt with me earlier. "Uhm, I'll concider it." I said and turned back to Calum who rolled his eyes and looked forward.

"Good." He said with a wink before he turned back around and walked back to his group and a few girls inmediately took a grip around his arms. I rolled my eyes and looked back at my friends.

"Wait, are you serious?" Cal asked and frowned. "About concider it? Yes. Will I? No." I said and smiled. Calum let out a breath and nodded his head. "Good. You somehow made me nervous." I chuckled and leaned back on my chair.

"What's up with all groups at this school?" I mumbled and glanced over the classroom. It was kind of sad to see the that a popular person snorted at one of the emo's and the nerds looked down on the silent people who had their phones in their hands. "Well, as you know, it wasn't like this before... I don't know, it's just--- reality, I guess." He said and shrugged. I slowly nodded my head and looked around the room. My eyes fell on the hazel eyes boy from the popular squad. He looked directly at me and made a small smile. Why did I feel this connection to him?

"Hey, Calum?" "Yeah?" "Uhm, do you remember our friends?" I slowly asked and sneaked at him. He rubbed the back of his neck in a nervous way. "Y-yeah, why?" He mumbled in a husky voice. "Nothing. I just--- What happened to them?" I asked and leaned forward on my elbows. I glanced at Niall behind Calum who widened his eyes and quickly shoke his head while mouthing a no. I frowned confused at him before turning my attention back to Calum.

"Uhm, we aren't so close anymore." "What? Why not?" "Well, when you left we kind of just went into different directions, I guess. We all have our own groups now." He said and looked down on his fingers.

I nodded my head slowly and decided to change subject. He seemed kind of emotional while talking about it, but I really wanted to know what happened between them and where they are now. Maybe, just maybe they are in the same room as I am right now.

A/N

Hi! So I finally decided to update this fanfiction, because why not? I am on vacation and I lost inspiration for 'Bullied By You' and I had a few ideas for this one instead. Also I changed the cover picture. I hope you like it :)

Lots of love