Chapter 6

The next day when I walked down the hallway to get to first class I felt so strange. It was like I hadn't been here at all. The walls were crumbling down around me as I tried to think through  what had happened. So, the jock was Ashton. Ashton plays hockey and is captain. "Pucks" hate football players. Calum is a football player and is captain. Ashton hates Calum. Wow.

Yesterday, the punk kid aka Michael, as in my childhood friend, made me feel like home again. He said that he saw that it was me once I walked into class on my first day. he's just the same, which makes me very glad. At least some things are still the same.

"Hi Skylar." Someone said which made me look up to see the cute punk boy smiling shyly at me. "Hi! What a surprise." I said and tried my best to smile at him. "What's up with you? You seem pretty down." He asked and looked worried. "Don't worry, I just---"

Right in that moment someone took a grip around my arm and pulled me with them to the left, down another small hallway that was connected with the bigger one. "Hey!" I expressed and had no choice but to follow the person. Within a second I stood against the wall with my hair over my face so I couldn't  see anyhting at all.

"What the hell were you thinking by not telling me who you were? I was fucking flirting with you!" Ashton expressed with wide eyes. I quickly got rid of my hair and placed it behind my back. "So, it's my fault? You didn't tell me who you were either, Puck!" I fired back and glared at him. he looked down and clenched his arm that held me against the wall.

"Please, don't call me that. I didn't care before I knew who you were, but now it just hurts my feelings." He muttered and looked up on me with his hazel eyes. I let out a sigh and leaned my head against the wall. "Sorry." I mumbled and he slowly let go of me.

"What the hell Irwin?" Michael expressed as he came walking towards me and Ashton. "Not now, Michael." Ashton muttered and looked at me. I took a sharp breath before looking at Michael. "Go smoke some weed or something." Ash continued and turned back to me.

Michaels green eyes turned to black as his fists clenched. "Ashton!" I expressed and glared at Ash who rolled his eyes. "What's wrong? It's the truth. Don't say you thought he was an innocent boy like a few years back?" I looked at him, then at Michael who was boiling. "That's what he does Sky. He walks away in the woods to smoke drugs, take a few shots of vodka, go to robb a store with cigarettes, colour his hair and last go to a tattoo shop or a strip club to find a girl and fuck her."

"YOU KNOW THAT'S NOT TRUE!" Michael yelled on the top of his lungs. "Ashton just walk away." I muttered and placed my hand on his chest. "No, I won't leave you with this freak. Who knows, he might rape you behind my back." That was the final drop for Michael. His fist made a swing and hitted Ashton right on his jaw which made him stuble back to gain his balance, but that didn't stop Michael from keep on going.

"Michael! Stop!" I yelled and tried to grab Mikey from behind, but he pushed me backwards with force.

Ashton took a grip around Michaels head and pushed him towards the wall. His jaw was red and slightly purple as he held him against the stone wall with dark hazel eyes.

"Ashton, I am going to kill you!" Mikey yelled as his back was pressed against the corner.

"How dare you push Sky?"

"Oh really? Again? It's that what this is all about?"

"Clifford, Irwin, I would appriceate if you could show some respect and make that up outside." A voice said from behind us. We all turned our heads to see a teacher glaring at us.

Ashton released the grip around Michael and backed away so he was standing next to me.

"No such behaviour in my school." He continued and walked away with a snobby expression. The headmaster.

"Fuck." Ashton mumbled.

Michael stood leaning against the wall still, breathing heavy breaths.

A silence filled the small corridor. I looked between Michael and Ashton several times wondering. Wondering what happened. Wondering what had happened if I'd stay.

"Please. Don't fight about this." I muttered and glanced at Ashton who rolled his eyes.
"Ash, I'm serious."

"Sky, I can't help it. It's my temper."

"Liar." Michael muttered.

"There you are!" Someone yelled and came jogging down the hallway. When the black haired boy saw punkboy pressed against the wall and puckhead standing beside me his eyes became smaller and fists tighter.

"What's going on?" Calum asked and refused to lock eyes with anyone except me.

Suddenly the air became thin. The walls came crushing down and I had trouble breathing. The panic.

"I-I have to go!" I shrieked and ran.

The only thing I heard was my own steps hitting the floor and Ashton's voice calling my name

The water in my eyes became to much and a teardrop ran down my cheek. If it was because I was running or that I realised my whole childhood was a joke is unclear.

I pushed the double doors open and ran out. Air hit my face as I saw a pretty big tree and headed in that reaction.

With a heavy breath I sat down on the ground, leaning against the wood behind me.

I let everything out.

Unknown P.O.V

Suddenly I heard something, or someone that made me put down my book. I rested my head against the tree behind me and listened carefully. Was she crying? Was she laughing? Or maybe she was just tired and came here to rest, like me.

School had taken its toll on me. I lost most of my friends and became this shy awkward kid again. I used to be this way a long time ago so it wasn't anything new, but this isn't who I am. I am supposed to have my best friends around me. And her.

"H-hello?" I muttered and waited for an answer from the other side of the tree.

Of course she couldn't hear me... I'm so shy and quiet. I took a deep breath, stood up from the ground and walked around the tree to see a girl sitting opposite from me.

Skylar's P.O.V

"A-are you okay?"