Chapter 1

Skylar's P.O.V

I remember it like yesterday. The neighbourhood with the trees lined up on each sides of the road and the small grassplates between every house. If you hadn't been living here before you definitely would be confused by all white houses looking the same, but I'm not. This was my old home and I was finally on my way back. All memories comes back to me. Playing football with my brother on the street, play call and ditch with our old neighbours, getting in trouble almost all the time and having water battles with my old friends. *sigh* memories. I looked out the car window to my left and saw the old pizza place where me and my best friends used to eat instead of become sick because of the school's food. I missed them. All four of them.

Today was the day. Today was the day when me and my family would move back home to the west of Sydney. Last time I was here I was turning 13 years old, now I'm 17. I remember not wanting to move away, but the house was to big for us and my parents had found new Jobs in USA, so we had to move there.

But now here I was breathing the warm air while listening to green day. Just like old times. I close my eyes and lean back on my seat.

"Are you looking forward to meet your friends again?" I heard my mum ask which made my eyes shot open. I nodded my head and smiled at her. She gave me one of those warm mum-smiles and turned around to look forward again.

"And here we are ladies and gentlemen!" My dad announced as he turned the car and drove up the driveway. "Dad, come on, how lame can you possibly be?" My brother asked, rolled his eyes and unbuckled his seat belt before yawning. What can I say? My older brother wasn't happy about moving back. He claimed to already having enough friends back in the states, but I don't believe him.

All he ever did was going to parties and sneak in girls in the middle of the night, and yes I know. I walked in on him and a girl once. Always knock if your brother's door is closed. He taughted me that the hard way.

I opened the door and took the first step out the car. Fresh air. Exactly what you needed after a long flight and car journey, but now I was finally here.

"Sky, I'm taking your room!" I heard from above me. I quickly looked up and saw the brown quiff sticking out from my old window.

"Fuck no, Alex!" I screamed at my brother and ran inside the house as fast as I could. I loved my old room and I won't let that ugly bastard take it away from me! Not happening.

I opened the door and glared at my brother who was lying in 'my' bed with his shoes on. "GET OUT!" I yelled and rushed over to him. I began pulling his arm over and over again, but ever since he began going to the gym I was inferior.

"Wow, you're so weak! How about some meat for lunch and no veggies?" He chuckled and sat up. "Don't be rude!" I spat and punched his tattooed arm. He raised an eyebrow and looked amused at me. He took a hold around my forearm and dragged me down on the bed and laid down over me.

"Alex! You're heavy!" I whined which made him chuckle as he bounced the bed which made him become heavier. "AL! I swear I'm gonna kill you!" I expressed and tried to kick him, but to my usual luck, no scream of pain was heard from him, only more laugher. Damn big brothers.

"You're no fun. And I don't want your room. Your window is out the front, if I'm going to sneak girls in I must've the balcony at least." He said and winked at me before storming out my room. I let out a sigh and shoke my head as I saw him dissapear. That's my brother alright...

I stood up and walked towards my window. I thought at least that I had the best room in the house. On the second floor with view over the neighbourhood and street. My sight went over the road and over to the house on the other side of the street. One of my best friends used to live there, but I'm not sure if he loves there anymore.