One way or the other

Ed got out, helping me up the very long driveway. I could barely see its outline, but the place huge.

"How big is it?" I asked unsurely.

"A castle... With no pits, mots, or dogs" he said.

He warned me about the stairs, except I nearly fell anyway. Caught me, thankfully and pulled me the rest of the way up. He taped in the door slightly, after a minute or two of no answer he rang the very loud doorbell.

"Whom may you be?" An elder gentleman said.

"Edward Nygma and Madeline Inquiry of the GCPD Forensics unit... We need to talk to Bruce about Wayne Enterprise" Ed said.

"Right this way, Bruce is in the study".

Ed helped me in, guiding me since this area was foreign and uncharted to my brain.

"Are you alright?" The elderly man asked.

"I fell and I temporally Blindness so excuse me if I trip into something".

"I'm not going to let you, okay the stairs were an accident," he said trying not to laugh.

"By the way, I'm Alfred. Bruce these people are here to see you" he said opening a door.

Ed lead me into a study. He led me to a sofa where we sat. Bruce walked over and Shook Ed's hand. Ed had to put my hand in his since I could see it. It was quite embarrassing.

"What brings you here?" He asked.

We explained the Crane case and getting into the building... The vials which he took and locked then into safe behind a few books.

"You might want to change the code" I suggested.

"Why is that?" He asked returning to his seat in front us.

"The password is 627842 meaning Martha your mother's name," I said.

"How did you know?" He asked.

"Blindness or temporally increases hearing. I thought of the pause between numbers and realized your mother's name".

"I loved my parents, maybe sentiment is my weakness," he said.

"Both of mine are gone, in the same way. I understand it" I told him.

He seemed to relax a little bit after that. We chatted about the Crane case for a bit. The end mentioned the time and we probably needed to get going. Alfred showed us out and that we were allowed to drop by to get the vials any time it was needed.

"How did you open up to Bruce like that? It took me to get angry to get you to open up" he said.

"I'm feeling a bit more open today. And I thought it would be good for him to know he's not alone" I said.

"Oh Riddle me this, Are dancing in light but always stay the night?" He asked.

"Shadows, Boring," I said.

When we got into the car, we just sat there. Since we couldn't really do anything until night grew, and we didn't really have anything to do.

"Let's find Selina," I said with a purr, as a joke.

"I was joking about her coming, but alright let's find us a kat," he said.

He drove off a bit, but then turned into somewhere and stopped.

"Ed..?" I asked

"Shh," he said putting his hand over his mouth.

He sat like that for a moment. Then removed his hand. We sat there silent. Utterly silent, not even a sound from breathing. Ed was smart... Or was he plotting my death? I'm joking... Except I don't know what goes on in that silly head.