A Near Death Experience

I have to admit that when I first awoke that one fateful day to the sight of Lucifer, I thought for sure I was a dead girl. Before that, I had never had anything close to a near death experience (or what I thought could be one). Looking back on it now, Lucifer was NOTHING compared to my very first actual near death experience. As usual, I was laying low at the motel while the Winchester boys were out hunting. After the monster break-in incident, we had been staying at motels with barred windows (Sam's idea, of course). They were not easy to find, let me tell you, but Sam apparently loved me and Dean loved his brother, so they made it work. I had the door bolted as tightly as I could, even using a chair under the doorknob as extra protection. Did I think that would work if someone broke down the door? I had no idea, but I needed to feel safe, and that definitely helped a lot. I was just sitting down to enjoy a light snack when I heard a noise outside the room. I went to check it out, looking through the peephole first and then cautiously peering out the window. I saw nothing but a guy I thought to be a bum, walking up and down the parking lot. Shrugging my shoulders, I made my way back to the table and sat down to enjoy my snack. Sam had left his laptop behind for me to keep busy, so I opened it up and pulled up YouTube, looking for something funny to watch to keep my mind at ease. I started watching a video compilation of people falling, because who wouldn't laugh at that, right? About two minutes into the video, I heard the noise again. Don't go nuts, Sammi, I was thinking to myself. It's just that weirdo walking around in circles. You are perfectly fine, and the boys should be back very soon. I continued eating and watching my video when I heard a loud crash. This time, it did not sound like a window breaking, but more like someone trying to break down a door. The door! I jumped up and turned around, only to be hit with such a force that I remember gasping for air and hitting the floor hard. When I came to, I was tied to a chair and had a gag in my mouth. I frantically looked around the room to see who was there with me, thinking Lucifer had come back for his revenge on the boys, using me as bait. I would have rather seen that ugly mug than the one that finally came into focus a short time later. His face was so deformed that I couldn't tell you whether or not he had been handsome at one point in his life. His eyes were so dark, I knew almost immediately I was dealing with a demon. I wanted to ask if Lucifer had sent him, but the gag prevented me from doing so. I sat there and just stared at this guy, secretly trying to untie my hands, but having no luck at all. He walked toward me and I started to panic, trying frantically to push the chair back with my legs with every step he took closer. I tried to scream, but again, the gag made it impossible to do. I closed my eyes tight and took a deep breath, praying that if he was going to kill me, he would do it quickly. I felt his hand on my shoulder, followed immediately by the feel of something sharp on my chest. I opened my eyes and looked down...a knife?! This guy had a knife to my chest! I prayed that I had someway to telepathically let Sam and Dean know that I was in some serious trouble, even though I knew it was just a fantasy. The demon asked me if I knew where the Winchesters were, but of course I couldn't answer him because I still had the gag in my mouth. When I didn't answer, he jabbed the knife into my chest and pulled it out. I'm pretty sure I screamed, but when you have something blocking your voice box, no one is going to hear it. The demon looked at me, realized I was still gagged, and pulled the tape away so quickly I thought I was getting a waxing. He asked me again if I knew where the Winchesters were, and this time I told him no. Honestly, I had no idea where the boys were; I only knew they were out hunting. One thing about the boys and their cases was the fact that they never told me where in town they were hunting. They had gotten me a cell phone to call and let me know that they had made it safe, and then used it to call me when they were heading back to the motel, but I had not heard from them since they got to their destination. Apparently, this was not the response the demon wanted to hear, so once again he took the knife and he stabbed me again. I cried in agony, begging him to please let me go. I assured him that I had no idea where exactly the boys were, that I only knew they were in town somewhere. He laughed, called me a little bitch, and stabbed me a third time. I could feel myself getting weak from the loss of blood, but I couldn't give up. I closed my eyes and called for Castiel, hoping that might work, maybe buy me some time. When Cas didn't show up after several minutes, I knew he must be doing something more important. I was seriously alone right now, and I had no clue what else to do. I was losing blood, I could feel myself getting weaker, losing consciousness, and the boys were still not here. As if on cue, the cell phone they had given me rang, and the demon grabbed it off the table and held it to my ear. "Sammi, we're on our way," Sam assured me. I was about to tell him there was a demon there, looking for him and Dean, but I think the bastard knew what I was about to do and he stabbed me a fourth time. I screamed in pain, to which Sam responded, "Sammi, what's wrong?" I figured the demon was going to kill me anyway, so I blurted out, "There's a demon here looking for you two and he has me tied up and he stabbed me four times already. I'm bleeding, I feel sick, I feel like passing out, and I need you guys. Hurry!" The demon threw the phone across the room so hard that it shattered as soon as it hit the wall. As if I wasn't in enough agony, he decided to stab me one more time. Feeling he had put me through enough torture, and knowing the boys would get the message, he took off into the night and left me there to die. I looked down at all the blood and I thought to myself that this was the end; this was how my life was going to play out. I thought about all the good times I had with Sam and Dean in the short period that I had known them, and I realized that I had a pretty good life. I was at peace, and I was ready for the pain to stop, so I closed my eyes and prayed. I waited to see that white light everyone is always talking about in movies and books, but it never came. Sam and Dean showed up about ten minutes after the demon left; had it been any later, I probably WOULD have died. I heard Sam scream my name, so I opened my eyes and gave him a very weak smile. Dean ran over and cut my hands free, Sam scooped me up in his arms and said, "Hang on, Sammi. Don't leave me!" I remember the two of them racing for the car, Sam hopping in the back seat still holding onto me, and Dean peeling out like he was racing in the Daytona 500. Dean kept asking Sam if I was still breathing, and told him to keep me talking. I remember feeling so sleepy, I kept telling Sam, "I want to go to sleep, please." "No," Sam said, tears in his eyes. "You cannot go to sleep, you hear me? Stay with me, Sammi. Please." I weakly put my hand up to his cheek and said, "OK." Dean turned the radio up, hoping that would help keep me awake, as he continued to drive like a mad man to the nearest hospital. Sam put his hand on mine. I told him, "This has been the best eight months of my life. I just need you to know that." "Don't talk like that," he told me. "You're not going anywhere, you hear me? I won't let you go. I love you, Sammi." As Dean pulled up to the hospital, and right before they carried me in, I looked Sam in the eyes and said, "I love you, too." I don't remember much else after that, but at least I can now say I know what a near death experience feels like.