The Journey Begins

I woke up feeling refreshed, like the night before had never even happened, yet hoping again that I hadn't been dreaming about Sam and Dean being in my house. I checked my surroundings and immediately had my answer; I was NOT dreaming. Instead, I was sitting in the back of the Impala, still wrapped in Sam's arms. Wait, WHAT? No, I was not confused about being in the Winchester-mobile, but more confused that Sam was still at my side instead of riding shotgun. He must have seen the look in my eyes and he started to laugh. He told me the short version of how I came to be here, with him and Dean on the road to wherever. Dean and Cas finally came to an agreement about what to do with Lucifer (Cas won), and Sam had convinced Dean that I would be safer if they took me with them. Dean had only one rule: While they were out doing their hunts, I was to stay at the hotel and keep the doors locked and shades drawn, not opening the door for anyone but them. We would have safe words so I knew it was definitely Sam and Dean at the door. Are you serious, boys? I will do anything you want. I am hanging with Sam and Dean freakin' Winchester! After I let it all sink in, I decided to ask Sam why he chose to stay by my side even in the Impala. I saw that smile slowly start to spread across his face, and then he said the sweetest thing I had ever heard from anyone, EVER. He told me there was something about me, about my personality, that had him feeling like he couldn't let me out of his sight. Plus he admitted that he enjoyed snuggling, and seeing as it was always just him and Dean, or him, Cas, and Dean, snuggling was something he didn't get to do a lot. I giggled a bit, but I completely understood what he meant. Being alone, I obviously never got to snuggle (well, not since I outgrew my favorite teddy bear), so I was all for this new arrangement. I laid my head on Sam's shoulder, told Dean to turn the music up, and watched out the window as I started on this awesome new journey with the Winchester brothers.