Chapter 9.

"Ex-Partner? You mean.… Oh, okay," he nods "what's he doing here?" he asks after a second.

"I was just wondering the same thing" he asked. "oh and who is he? And why does he know me?" Austin asked a little confused.

"You always were impatient Austin" I chuckled. "Jace here is my partner, first partner since" I said, not needing to say the rest. We both know when and what i'm talking about. "so now that we are all caught up.… Why are you here Austin?" I asked him.

"Here, here?" he asked pointing to the floor.

"No, Here as in this state? Or at least this town" I asked him.

"Working a case, this is just one of my stepping stones. You know?" he said, I nodded.

"Yeah I know what you mean, so it's just a coincidence that your in the same town as your cousin," he nodded. "that's a pretty cool coincidence" I smiled.

"Yeah, I didn't know you were here either" he said scratching the back of his head, I nodded. "it's a good surprise" he chuckled.

"Today was just full of surprises"I muttered shaking my head.

"What, not happy to see me?" he feigned being hurt, putting a hand over his heart.

"Always, just a ling day is all." I laughed.

"So you never did tell me, why are you here?" he asked leaning bak in his char, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Your cousin.… He want's out, I'm helping him." 

"What about Jennifer? It's it going to be dangerous for her if you try to get him out?" he asked leaning forwards in his seat with concern for his cousin.

"Yes, but that's why 1) I'm her roommate. And 2) Jace is here. We thought of almost everything for pre-cautionaries Austin, no need to worry." I told him.

"Sorry, but it's my cousins. of coarse I'm going to be a little worried." He leaned back in his seat with a sigh.

"Yeah I know, but you also know me… would I do anything that could possibly hurt anyone?"

"you mean besides yourself?" he chuckled "no, you wouldn't risk it"

"Man I swear, I almost had this exact same talk with Nate" I muttered with a laugh.

"You've seen Nate?" Austin asked alarmed, shooting up strait out of his chair.

"Oh man, you shouldn't have opened up that can of worms" Jace mutter with a grim face. Who had been silent this whole time me and Austin were talking until now.

I look over at Austin- he was standing straight up, his body statue frozen,  rigid with anger and tension. He had taken the whole betrayal thing worse than anybody, considering him and Nate were almost like brothers. I looked over and had read Jace's face, he could tell it had taken the worst toll out on Austin than all the others.

I sighed and stood up, I slowly walked over and put my hands on Austin's shoulders.

"Yes, I talked to Nate" I looked him in the eye's. " but that's only because I ran into him on my last mission, we talked and he told me everything. You should ere him out, listen to what he has to say. But-" I said before he could interrupt me. "That doesn't mean what he did was right, he hurt all of us-you especially. But I think you should talk to him, or contact him or something" I told him and he sighed.

"And how do you expect me to do that?" he asked, running a hand through his hair and then sat down on the chai again.

"Call him on my cell, tell him to meet you or something" I held out my cell to him, he snatched my phone from my hand.