Chapter 14.

Kat's POV

"um, jace? where are we going?" I asked curiously as he grabbed my hand and pulled me along.

"just somewhere, you'll see" he smiled back at me, I rolled My eyes but tightened my grip on my hand, making him smile.

He kept his grip on my hand and pulled me all the way across campus, I looked around at the campus as we passed by pretty fast and realized I had never been in this direction yet. It looked very unfamiliar.

He kept dragging me for a good 10 minutes, and the area kept getting less populated as we went on, I got a little suspicious but kept my mouth shut and just let him pull me. I finally spotted what he was pulling me towards and furrowed my brows in confusion.

"A playground, really?" I asked skeptically, planting my feet where they were, making him stop too.

"Yep, I figured you've never really been to one. So I thought, what better way to put a smile in her face than takin her somewhere she's never been before that beings everyone joy?" He smiled widely.

"But a playground, Isn't that for little kids?" I looked at him like he was crazy.

"No, It's for any age! Now come on!" He started to pull me again. I groaned but let him pull me along.

"Sit" he ordered as we got to the swings, I rolled my eyes but did as he said. "Now hold on" he smiled and started pushing me.

At first I thought it was boring, so I started to pretend to snore and dropped my hands. Then all of a sudden he gives the swing a really hard push, I let a lite startled scream escape my mouth as I grabbed onto the chains of the swing to keep from falling off. Then I turned my head slightly to glare at him, but he was right there and already pushing me away again, and even higher.

"Jace you idiot!! I could have fallen off the swing!" I cast an causing glare at him.

"Hey don't look at me like that, I told you to hold on" he chuckled as I came back towards him, my eyes widened when I almost went over his head.

"Still could have warned me"I shot at him, but then he grabbed the bottom if my swing and gave a really hard push. I let another startled scream escape, along with a laugh as I went almost as high as the swing set would allow.

"Now keep swinging, just pump your legs back and forth" he said, I looked back to see him not there. Wondering where he went I turned the other way and saw him getting on the swing next to me. "Pump you legs like this to keep going" he said showing me, I copied his movements and laughed as I got the swing to go even higher.

"Okay! I have an idea" Jace said after a few minutes. He jumped off the swing and walked in front of mine, I was about to jump off to but he stopped me. "No, no, no. You stay there.... Okay"

"What's this idea?" I asked him suspiciously.

"Do you trust me?" He asked simply.

"Yeah" I answered immediately. You always have to trust your partners, otherwise you don't work we'll together.

"Okay, then jump off the swing and I'll catch you" he said smiling, I narrowed my eyes at him, catching a glint in his eyes.

"What's the catch?"