chapter twenty four

the weekend rolled around and camila was excited that lauren agreed to pick up trash with her.

"okay, i have to leave early." camila explained to lauren grabbing her bag. "you have two and half hours before you need to be there. please don't be late." camila looked at her girlfriend pleadingly.

"camila i'll be there," lauren said, pushing her out the door. "now go before you're late."

"okay babe, love you." camila pecked lauren's lips and ran down the hallway.

lauren realized she had a while before she had to go pick up trash; which by the way, she was not excited about. she checked the clock. 2 pm. she had enough time to kill time and watch a movie.

she turned on gimmie shelter, something she had been dying to see. she fixed herself a turkey sandwich for the movie because she knew camila would bother about her about eating before she came.

from camila:

DONT BE LATE!!!! love you

lauren laughed and responded:

to camila:

getting ready as we speak. love you too.

lauren placed her phone on the coffee table in front of her and continued to eat her sandwich.

~

lauren yawned, opening her eyes. she looked around- checking out her surroundings, realizing she was still at home. she looked at the tv and saw that her movie was over.

she stretched out her arms then picking up her phone. she almost dropped it when the big numbers at the top read 6:30.

"holy shit! camz!" she quickly slid the screens typing in the numbers 3197. she scrolled through her contacts until she found 'babygirl'.

"hey this is camila, leave a message!"

"shit!" lauren groaned and hung up tossing her phone. she knew camila was gonna pissed when she got home.

"where the hell were you?!" an angry camila barged through the door. speak of the devil.

"camila-" lauren got up with her hands held up.

"i reminded you about this all week! why didn't you show up?" camila huffed, her cheeks and her eyes were red.

"i'm sorry, i fell asleep-"

"YOU FEEL ASLEEP?" she cut lauren off again. "i needed you lauren! no one else showed up besides the rest of the club."

"could you blame them?" lauren looked away and mumbled softly.

"what?"

"nothing. look camila, i'm-"

"save it." an angry camila grabbed her bag that she threw when she walked in. "im going home."

lauren grabbed camila's wrist, turning her around. "come on camila, you can't be mad at me for not picking up trash at a stupid beach."

"stupid? you might think this is stupid, but it's important to me." annoyed camila yanked her arm back and continued walking out the door, slamming it behind her.