chapter twenty

"lauren! open up!" camila pounded her tiny fists on lauren's door. she had found out the lauren had skipped school and was not too happy about it.

her hand in the air, ready to knock again went she saw the door swing open. the stench quickly hit camila's nose. she used her jacket sleeve to block the smell from her nose again. she took a look at lauren's eyes. "are you high?"

lauren laughed. "like a kite."

camila shook her head. "i can't believe you lauren." she sighed. "you promised."

"promises break sweetheart." lauren shrugged.

camila rolled her eyes and pushed lauren out the way, getting inside the apartment. she picked the drug up and threw it off the balcony.

"hey!" lauren shouted. "what the fuck is wrong with you?"

"no what the fuck is wrong with you? lauren, you told me you would stop." she said trying to comfort her girlfriend but not in a friendly way.

"i cant stop camila!" lauren yelled. "this is me! you cant change the way i am!"

"yes i can!" she grabbed lauren's shoulders. "look at me, i am not giving up on you lauren. you may have given up on yourself, but i haven't okay?"

lauren didn't say a word. she rested her forehead on camila's. she felt her cheeks wet, she realized she was crying again. and she absolutely hated crying. she felt warm hands wipe at her tears.

"i love you."

"i love you too. maybe more." lauren said truthfully.

camila smiled. "me and you jauregui?"

lauren let out a soft chuckling, but managed to smile as well. "you and me cabello."