Chapter 22

Lyra POV

"I'm going to miss you so much baby" holding on tight to Ruby I didn't want her to leave me. She had a gig in Miami and would be there until Sunday ... it's Thursday.

"Babe it'll only be for 3 days, then I'll be right back in your arms" she takes out her last luggage from the trunk and closes it shut. I stand in front of her pouting to see if she'll change her mind. "Its not working baby" she laughs at me. I try to walk away but she quickly wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me in. "Don't act like that baby" she says before kissing me so passionate I just wanted to stay like this all day kissing her. Soon her tongue is in my mouth and were kissing as if we are never going to see each other again. She's the first to break the kiss and I am really mad about it.

"Come on take a selfie with me" she threw me a smile and I couldn't help but give in. I kiss her cheek as a pose and she just smirks and winks as her pose. Her plane to Miami is called and she gives me one final goodbye hug and kiss before disappearing into the JFK airport.

I walked back to my car and not even 2 seconds in it I feel a vibration in my pocket. Pulling out my phone Ruby posted the photo she just took of me and her and wrote "all I need in my life 🐒💓 see you Sunday". I smile at the picture and my stomach and heart instantly drops when I notice I have a text from Abel.

TheWeeknd💀: So you're alone till Sunday

fuck I forgot him and Ruby were friends now, he must of saw her Instagram post. Or he could of been lurkin, it's Abel were talking about.

Me: Maybe .... maybe not 😉

TheWeeknd💀: Come see me

who he think he is ?

Me: No thank you Mr.Tesfaye. My schedule is very busy and there will definitely be no rearranging...especially for you😴

TheWeeknd💀: Ok

That was surprisingly easy, but knowing him something's up his sleeve. Making the drive back to Manhattan to go to work I knew today was going to be busy. Ever since the weather has gotten warmer a lot more customers have been coming in and requesting designs. Today I had over 75 orders and I had to look through each file at each sketch at each material used. It was surely going to be a long day and I'm not looking forward to it.

Two hours later I'm on my 15th file, its a 15K gold necklace. The requester wanted it to be a rosary with the chain and cross in gold but Jesus in silver. It was honestly a very good looking piece and I wouldn't mind to have my own. I finish approving and fixing any mistake on the file and move to the 16th one.

File 16 Abel Tesfaye ... of course. Abel will forever haunt me wherever I go. He hadn't requested anything the past year so it's surprising to see it now. Opening the file I swear I heard the sound of my heart breaking, I swallowed my spit as I read through the file. "Mr.Tesfaye has requested a diamond ring with the biggest diamond with 'Bella' engraved into the ring" I disapprove of his request, how dare he request it from me. HE KNEW I would see it but this was honestly a whole new level. it's only been a year and some change and he's already proposing ? Welp can't propose with no ring. I grab his file and put it through the shredder. I sit back at my desk and fight the headache and the oncoming tears from coming. This shouldn't bother me, this shouldn't bother me. It sure does hurt me ...

Abel POV

Waking up in my loft I haven't noticed how long I've been asleep for. I check the time and it's almost 4 in the afternoon. Fuck Lyra probably already took her lunch break. Hurrying out the bed and taking a quick shower and brushing my teeth and throwing on all black clothes. I call my driver Freddie and he's here within minutes picking me up and taking me to a nearby pizzeria. Lyra fucking loves chicken Alfredo pasta and I'm not gonna lie I do too. I order the food and take a quick picture with the owners because they knew who I was instantly. I hand Freddie a bag of food that I bought for him and have the other stuff in the back with me.