Chapter 19

Lyra POV

"Girl I'm ready to hit the bed" I groaned and locked up the shop. "Lyra are you sure you don't want me to take you home ?" Sophia asked me concerned, Ever since the night with Michael she had not wanted me to take the subway. "Sophia I'm fine, It's been two weeks since I seen him" I walked with her to the car and she gave me the same old be safe and drove away.

I pull out a cigarette and put my headphones in, I tapped on "Belong to the world" and began my walk to the subway stop. The neighborhood was deserted besides the few guys on the corner smoking and cat-calling women. I kept getting a bad feeling in my stomach that something bad was going to happen. Looking around I noticed a black Matte with tinted windows slowly driving my way. "Maybe It's not following me" I whispered to myself, I continue to walk a little faster. The car keeps speeding up every time I walked faster so I stop dead in my tracks and watch the black matte park beside me. when the window rolls down I couldn't hold in my laughter.

"You know you shouldn't walk alone at this time" Putting the car in park, Abel throws me a smirk.

"I think I'm a big girl now Abel, I'll be perfectly fine. these New York City streets don't scare me" I reassure him. I started to walk again but jumped and screamed at a huge rat popping out the trash.

I look back and see Abel cracking up in his car. "Yeah they sure don't scare you" I walked back to his car and got in the passenger side. "Fuck you Abel" I crossed my arms and looked out the window. I felt embarrassed and stupid, my act to look tough failed miserably.

He reaches over and grabs my hand. "It's okay, it gave me a good ass laugh. you should of saw how stupid you looked" he starts to crack up again and now I'm dying to get out the car. speaking of which ... "ABEL WHY ARE YOU DRIVING?" now remembering he didn't have a license I wasn't planning for my death to be this early.

"Damn Ly ! calm the fuck down, Lamar has been teaching me lately" he says.

Staring out the window I noticed we was in Uptown Manhattan. Abel pulled in front of a little restaurant and put the car in park. "Um why are we here ?" I asked confused.

"We're going to have dinner together. we're already here so no backing out" He quickly unbuckles his seatbelt and jumps out the car ... literally jumps. He avoided an argument there, look who thinks their slick.

Walking into the restaurant it was basically empty, The only people there were the waiters and maintenance people. "How are you Mr.Tesfaye ?" a young waiter rushed to Abel. He looked Italian and was really cute, Too bad I'm here with Abel. The waiter makes eye contact with and throws me a small smile, I return it with a little smirk and he chuckles under his breathe. Abel was too busy on his phone to even notice what was going on.

The waiter escorts us to our table and pours us a glass of wine. "I'll be back to take your orders" he handed us the menus and disappeared. Looking through the menu I noticed it was mostly pasta dishes. Deciding to just be plain and basic I ordered a chicken alfredo pasta. Looking up I noticed Abel was staring straight at me.

Abel POV
Taking Lyra out to dinner I needed to find out some stuff for her. Looking at her face I can notice some fading bruises. I tried to act like I didn't see it, but truthfully it was bothering me more. Lyra caught me staring at her but I never looked away, this question is burning up inside me. "Lyra what happened to you ?"

She looked up at me confused, "What do you mean ?"

"The bruises and the black eye ... What the fuck happened" I said harshly. I was starting to get irritated because I care so much for this girl and the face that I haven't been protecting her is killing me.

"Just leave it alone Abel, I don't want to talk about this in public"

"It's not a choice Ly" After staring eachother down I finally realized. "It was Michael wasn't it .." She started to tense up and fiddle with her thumbs. "I fucking knew it, Why the fuck is he in New York ?" I felt my blood boiling under my skin.

"I didn't even say it was him Abel" she yelled back.

"Then who was it ?"

She stared into my eyes for a minute then put her head down. she said something but I could catch it because of how low she was.

"Speak up I can't hear you"

"IT WAS HIM! I don't know what he's doing in NYC but I know he's going to make my life hell and I just want to move on with my life Abel"

"Don't worry he ain't gone lay a fucking finger on you again ... when did he get you ?"

"When I was coming out of work one day .."

"Is that why you haven't texted or called the past week ?"

She nodded her head. The waiter came back and set the food in front of us. I noticed he was being flirty with Lyra until I shot him a dirty ass look, she's mine. I decided to change the conversation and she told me how she wanted to actually be a designer, I suggested she help me with come new XO clothing ideas and she agreed. We got deep into conversation about our parents and the difference between the NYC life and the Toronto life.

After what seemed like hours Lyra was starting to look tired. "You ready to go baby ?" she looked up at and smiled shyly.

"Yes I'm ready ABEL" she yawned and scooted out the booth. Helping her put on her jacket she turned and laid her chin on my chest. looking into each other eyes she pecked my lips and I couldn't help but smile.

Opening the door to the passenger side Lyra got in. Getting in I put the car in drive and headed for my hotel. Lyra called her little brother to check up on him and wish him goodnight. She wraps her hand with mine and we look at eachother smiling.

Finally in the hotel room I washed my face before heading into the bedroom and nearly dying at the door. Lyra was just in panties as she was putting on a shirt of mines. "Damn you look sexy as fuck" walking up to her I started to brush my lips on her neck and kiss all the bruises she had. Her lips met mines and she slowly deepened the kiss. Groping the back of her neck I let my tongue explore her mouth. She let out a small moan and that's when I stopped and pulled away from her. Settling inside the bed, Lyra stood at the end of the bed reflecting on what just happened.

"You gonna join me or just stand there ?" laughing at her she came back to earth and shook her head. Climbing into bed she faced me. Looking into my eyes she pecked my lips and rested her head in the crook of my neck. "I love you Ly" I blurted out. I can tell I took her by surprise because she stopped breathing. "Goodnight Abel" she laughed and drifted off to sleep. Did I really love this girl or was I too caught up in the moment ? thinking about what I just did I ended up knocking out as well.

***************
Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter 😊 I wanted to take a break from drama and just make it calm and settle. Life has been going great ! Abel has blessed us with "The Hills" video and I absolutely love it 😩 I also have "In the night" and "I can't feel my face" on repeat ! it was leaked on some websites and they're just great songs. As always Vote and Comment 💖 xo.