Chapter 16

Lyra POV

The streets were very silent as the sun peaked over the Bronx projects. Shivering from the brutal winds I threw out my cigarette and headed back up the apartment. Grabbing last minute things and my purse, I go to check up on Eric in the room. "Are you ready to go ?" shaking his head yes, he grabs his book bag and holds my hand as we walk to his bus stop.

It was Monday which meant time to go back to work in my little shop in Soho Manhattan. I managed to close down the shop back in Toronto without having to fly over there. Checking my phone it was 7:21AM and the bus had picked up Erick from the stop. Walking to the subway on 173rd street I took the 2 train to work.

Unlocking the door to the shop, I started folding, hanging up, and taking inventory of the clothes. As I'm folding I hear a sudden squeal from the door.

"OH MY GOD YOU'RE BACK !!!" Sophia embraced me into a big ass hug and was practically jumping up and down from excitement. "OH MY GOD ? How was Toronto ? how's michael ? how come you didn't tell me you was coming back you whore ?", only 2 minutes here and she was already killing me with questions. I shook my head laughing and handed her a cup of coffee while filling her in about my Toronto issues.

"oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Lyra. you must be in a rough place right now"

"yeah I was at first but I'm over it, I got my distractions" I winked at her causing her mouth to drop open.

"WHO ?"

"Just this guy I met in Toronto ..." I didn't want to tell people Abel and end up having a bunch of fake friends who would sell a story to the press or use me to get to him. "He's really annoying at times and demanding. But I must admit I find it very sexy" I shyly smile.

"Ooooooo and how is he in bed ?" she smirks asking me and nudging my shoulder.

"He's a sex God" I laughed awkwardly.

The rest of work was just me and Sophia catching up and helping customers here and there. My phone was starting to vibrate and I noticed it was Abel.

A: Hey you hungry ?

Me: I'm at work

A: And ?

Me: Bye Abel 😂

A: Come on, I know you're hungry. I'm on my way to a burger joint to get something to eat and I ... Abel Tesfaye ... is OFFERING to bring you food 😒☺️

Me: LOL 😂 ok smartass, just bring me a plain cheeseburger w/ a smoothie (if they have any) if not bring me a coke

A: Smoothie .... in this cold ass weather ?

Me: don't judge me ! bye 👊😠

A: See you soon 😘

Me: 😘

Putting my phone down I let out a big sigh. I didn't want to catch feelings for Abel but it's just something about him that pulls me into him. He was very protective back in Toronto. Doesn't treat me like I'm one of his hoes, or so I hope he doesn't. But then I totally forgot Sophia was still here and she would freak out if Abel came here !

"Hey Sophia can you do me a huge favor !"

"Yea sure, what you need ?"

"Can you run out and fetch me a few materials" Grabbing a piece of paper and writing random shit I handed it to her.

"Um ... Pencils, paper, fabric, yogurt ... what the fuck are these for ?" she laughed.

"I need stuff for the store and for Erick, by the time I leave today it'll already be late and I'll be too tired to go and do it"