20. The One With Rachel's New Assistant

Chapter Twenty

"So, she's staying for a few more days?" Ross asked Rachel, trying to hold back his urge to scream in agony.

He already spent over 3 days with Amy and he was ready to just go to a hotel. He can't deal with another few more days. Basically a whole week with Amy? He can't do it.

"Look, just a few more days okay? I promise, once she's gone, I'll treat you like a king"

"Oh that's very promising" Ross spoke monotone.

"Cmon Ross. Just a few more days and you won't have to deal with her for a few more years"

Ross just gives in and sighs. "Fine, that's it. Just a few more. If you decide to add more days, she's going to a hotel"

"Deal" Rachel smiles and kisses him and he kisses back.

"Wow, you both must be really close friends" Amy comments, walking in Ross' house without even bothering to knock.

"Amy, I already told you me and Ross are dating" Rachel replied while pulling away from Ross.

"You did?"

"Yes when we were catching up"

Amy shrugs and walks in further. "Eh, I wasn't listening. Your life isn't that interesting"

Rachel rolls her eyes. "Well I gotta get to work. I'll see you later" Rachel kisses Ross once more and says bye to Amy and walks out.

-

"Who the hell are you?" Rachel asked rudely once she walked into her office.

"You must be the lovely Rachel"

"And again, who the hell are you?" Rachel walks to her desk and sits down, facing the guy.

"I'm your assistant"

"I never asked for one"

"And I never asked to be one." He smiles but it wasn't a friendly smile.

"So why are you here?"

"Apparently you're one of the best workers here and I need help to see what this job is about"

Rachel gushes. "They said that about me? But that's not an assistant, you're in training"

"I know what it is, I don't like the way it sounds so I rather be called your assistant yeah?"

"Whatever, what's your name?"

He leans up in his seat. "Brad"

"So Brad, what do you need to learn? I didn't need to have training to come into this job"

He glared at me. "Thanks for the gloat but I just wanna design jackets"

"You wanna design jackets?"

"What? Is it not manly? Cause correct me if I'm wrong, but the founder of this company is a man and his name is Ralph Lauren"

"Relax" Rachel shakes her head. "I never said anything offensive, it was just a question. There's plenty of guys who work here"

"Nice fact. Now let's get to real talking yeah? I don't need help on how to design a jacket. You have to teach me other crap"

"Well if you give me an idea on what crap you need to learn I can help"

"I don't know you're the worker here" he retorts.

She glares at him and decide to teach him the basics so she can get a good report on training an asshole.

-

"No you don't understand! I can't stand him! If I have to spend another second with him I'm gonna KILL myself!"

"Oh no, trust me, I do" Monica smiles, indicating she hated Amy.

"Oh please, she doesn't even see you like that"

"Yeah? Yesterday I came home from work and she was sitting on my couch while insulting my place and me"

Rachel whines. "Moonnnnn, help me what do I do?"
"Get rid of her, send her back home"

"Not Amy, Brad!"

"Just train him and get it over with. Training only last a few days right?"

Rachel shrugs. "Yeah I guess"

"So just deal a few more days, just like I am"

-

"But why would you only spend so little money on recliners when you could get a brand new beautiful living room set?" Amy questions Chandler and Joey.

They both wanted to bash their heads in at this point. Why the hell was she even in their house?

"Cause recliners are for mans" Joey answered

"You mean people who can't afford actually living room sets" Amy snickers.

"How old are you again, Amy?" Chandler asks.

"I'm 22"

"And you're still living over your parents roof. Looks like you can't afford your own house, never mind a living room set!" Chandler points out.

Amy scoffs. "I could afford a mansion"

"You mean your dad could" Joey now points out.

"He makes money and gives it to me so what? At the end of the day, what he gives to me, is mine now."

"Wouldn't you feel better if you worked for your own money?"

"No cause I'd probably end up in a dump like this"

Joey gasps but Chandler laughs. "That's funny cause you just insulted yourself"

"How so?" she asks curious as she folds her arms across her chest.

"You clearly don't think high of yourself if you had to be independent. It's your dad's money that makes you think you're better than everyone, isn't it?"

Joey looks at Chandler, shocked. Amy felt herself getting choked up but she didn't want Chandler to notice it.

"Excuse me?"

"You just said if you had to work for your own money, you'd end up here and you called this place a dump... But you insult everything that's not expensive. Hm something doesn't quite add up" Chandler pretends to think.

"I don't care cause at the end of the day I can buy you, three times"

"Really, that's your response?"

"YES now leave me alone" Amy replies annoyed.
"You do realize you're in my house"

Amy groans and stomps to the door on purpose, takes one last glance at Chandler and walks out, slamming the door.

Chandler felt himself chuckling, he almost had Amy speechless. Not many people would be able to say they did that.