1. The One With The Letter

Chapter One

Ross, how do I begin to explain Ross? He made me feel so alive, so happy, so free. He gave the best advice, the best jokes, the best hugs... Just the best him. If only I could feel his lips against mine, I'm sure he gave the best kisses too... Ugh, why am I writing this as a letter instead of telling him? Well, Ross, if you somehow ever come across this, which I hope never happens, but, if you so happen to, I love you
Love, Rachel.

"What are you doing?" Monica asked, bending over the couch to sneak a peak of the note I was currently rereading to myself.

I quickly stand up and hold to note to my chest. "Um nothing, nothing. Why do you ask?"

She smiles and walks over to where I'm standing and eyes the note. "What's that?"

"Just a really personal note from my mom, you know, she uh, did something completely embarrassing and" I run my hand through my hair, trying to finish this terrible lie.

"Rach, who's that letter from or who's it to?"

"No one"

She nods and acts like she believes me, I sigh of relief and slowly loosen my grip on the letter, making Monica snatch it. She holds the letter high up while I try and jump to snatch it.

"Ooohh. A love letter? Who's it to?" She teases while she steals a glance at the paper.

I jump on the couch and try to snatch it but she moves too quickly. "Monica give it now" I order in a harsh voice but she just ignored my request and reads it aloud from the middle.

"If only I could feel his lips against mine, I'm sure he gave the best kisses too.." she put on the best 'Rachel' voice she could and I groan, sitting on the couch, hands on the side of my forehead. My hidden love for Ross was blown.

"Monica, that's enough"

Monica had a huge smile on her face reading but once she reads the end, her face slowly turns into a shock. She looks at me. "You love Ross?"

I whine and hide my face. "Yeesss"

"For how long? You have to tell him!"

I quickly jump up and snatch the letter successfully. "Never! Never speak about this to anyone. This is only our secret and we cannot, I repeat, cannot let Ross know"

And just on cue, Ross comes barging in, not even bothering to knock, just like the rest of our friends. "Can't let Ross know what?" he asks concerned yet confused.

I hid the letter behind my back and send him a smile. "We can't let Ross know that uhhh" I look over at Monica, asking for help with the look on my face.

"That uh we wanted to do something special for your birthday coming up" Monica chimes in.

"My birthday just passed a few weeks ago"

"Um duh, that's why we wanted to start planning something now so we can get that special surprise out of the way" I continue smiling.

"What's behind your back?"

I glance at Ross and then back at Monica. "Behind my back? Pfft" I laugh nervously and shrug. "There's nothing behind my back" I wave the letter behind my back and Monica grabs it secretly and I wave both my hands up. "See!"

He slowly nods. "Um okay..." he goes in the fridge and grabs a water. "Well, what are you doing today Rachel?"

"Why? Why do you ask what I'm doing today?"