5. The One With All The Secrets

Chapter Five

"Well don't you like stunning" Chandler complimented once Rachel walked out her room. She smiles and twirls.

"You think? I feel like it's too much"

"So where you going?"

"Out on a date"

Chandlers eyes widen. "With Ross?"

"No! I wish" Rachel frowns. "It's with a guy I met at the bar.."

"Does Ross know?"

"No and you can't let him know!"

"Why? Are you guys dating?" Chandler sarcastically gasps. "WAIT, you're not!"

"Chandler" Rachel rolls her eyes. "If Ross finds out I'm going on a date he's really gonna think I'm not attracted to him"

"Oh cause he knows that now?"

Rachel playfully hits him. "OK Monica" she said sarcastically. "Look if this date goes well that'll be better, me and Ross won't ever work out. He doesn't even show interest in me"

"That's not entirely true..."

Rachel looks at him confused yet concerned. "What do you mean? Did he say something about me?"

"Uh no no, I'm just still thinking about the time where he said he was in love but that's over now" Chandler awkwardly clears his throat and Rachel didn't believe a word he said

"Chandlerrr"

"That's all he said!"

"What did he really say?"

"That was it!" Chandler puts on his high voice which everyone knows thats when he was lying.
Rachel throws her hands up slowly and walk towards the door. "I guess I'm gonna have to ask him myself?"

"Go ahead, he's not gonna tell you anything"

"He won't? He's not gonna tell me anything?"

Chandler puts his hands in his front pockets. "Nope, he's not gonna tell you"

"Are you sure?" Rachel continues questioning, grabbing ahold of the door.

"Yes I'm sure. Why would he tell you he said your name instead of Kates!" Rachel let's go of the doorknob and looks at Chandler with shock.
Chandler's eyes widen. "You didn't hear that!"

"Oh my god.." Rachel smiles. "Was it during.. You know?" Rachel walks over to the counter and leans on it looking at Chandler hopeful.

"Nope I've said too much!"

Rachel stands up and stomps her feet. "Oh Chandler! Come on! You already told me he said my name" she walk over to him now and sits him down with her. "When did he say it?"

Chandler sighs out. "Yesterday...he was talking about he's happy with Kate and he said your name"

Rachel smiles. "And he said he wanted a future with her" She crosses her arms and leans back in the couch.

Chandler rests his elbows on his knees. "You can't tell him you know or drop hints. He'll kill me"

"Do you think it meant anything?"

"He said it didn't..." Chandler gives Rachel a sad smile but she brushes it off, still happy Ross said her name.

-

"Why is there popcorn on the couch?" Monica asked sternly, about to flip out.

"I don't know.." Joey sinks further into the couch and eats another handful of popcorn.