Chapter 17

Naomi P.O.V

I felt my head slam onto a soft but hard surface. I opened my eyes to see I slammed into the back of the driver's seat,

"What the hell!" I yelled holding my head as it pounded and my stomach turned.

"Sorry I almost hit a pothole," I heard the driver say panicked.

I sat up and immediately felt my face turn pale,

"Pull over," I mumbled feeling my stomach bubble.

"What?"

"PULL OVE-"

I pulled the door open as I vomited out as the car abruptly braked. I wiped my mouth and held my head.

"What on earth," I mumbled.

"Naomi," I looked up to see Bryce standing in front of the vomit looking at me.

"Where am I," I said looking around seeing nothing but trees.

He grabbed my carrying me as he started to walk away from the car. What happened last night? Why am I with him? I looked around seeing a large gate opening up to a large mansion. I watched as other people that looked like guards walk around and turn their heads.

"Where is here?" I asked turning to Bryce.

"Welcome to your new life here at my pack."

He carried me through the front doors before letting me down,

"I'll have my pack members run a bath and get you all nice and presentable."

I snapped my head back at him, "Take me home."

He looked confused with a small smirk, "You are home."

I felt a hand softly grab my shoulder, "Ma'am your bath is ready," a soft voice smiled.

I shook her hand off continuing to glare at Bryce, "You took me from my home and expect me to bow down to you."

His eyes narrowed as I turned away, "I'll get ready but I and you are going to talk after."

I snapped away following the lady up the stairs and into a large bathroom. A large tub with bubbles was steaming and everything was white with hints of gold and roses. She left towels near the tub and a cup of water with pills.

"This should help you with your hangover, any other essential items will be at the sink. Enjoy," she smiled.

She closed the door behind her and I removed my outfit neatly setting it aside before hopping in the warm water. I sank down leaving my head above water. What was I going to do? I slowly slipped up water closing my eyes and wiped my face before sitting up,

"Are you enjoying yourself?" I heard Bryce say.

I snapped my head to see his head poking through the door,

"Get out!"

"Just bringing you some clothes to be in," he said walking in and placing them next to me.

I splashed him with the water causing him to step back wiping off his face.

"I'll make a mess if you don't leave," I snapped.

He smirked before walking out, I got out drying myself out, and taking the pill. I walked out to find him standing outside waiting. He had a large smirk looking at me. I grabbed his chin pulling him down to my level,

"Just because we're 'mates' doesn't mean I'll respect you," I snapped in his face.

His pupils widened, "I guess we're on the same terms," he growled slapping my hand away. He turned away, "That's why you'll have to work for my respect, I need to see what makes you a good Luna, you're fighting skills is what I need to see."

"Why should I do anything for you?"

"Well, you're going to be living here whether you like it or not so might as well make it worthwhile. Meet my pack and if you manage to prove yourself maybe I'll get in contact with Alexander and figure something out."

I crossed my arms leaning against the wall. Just when I thought about the "date" we went on he was more romatic.

"Do you only act like this around your pack because you acted really different when we were out eating?"

He looked back at me, "Well I needed you to trust me."

My heart sunk a little and I bit the inside of my lip. He walked away leaving me in the hallway to complicate.

"What do you expect from the Alpha King?" I heard a voice behind me say.

I jumped turning to see a guy with dark black hair but blue eyes. He looked familiar but at the same time, I didn't know from where.

"Do you remember me?"

I shook my head.

"My name is James," he smiled bowing, "I forgot you were a little tipsy, I helped you into the car."

"James... sorry I still don't remember but nice to meet you."

"Yeah, likewise, but excuse the Alpha he could be a little...tense, poor girl like you shouldn't be treated like that."

I nodded my head confused by what he wanted and who he was. He had a small smile but his eyes seemed to have a different motive.

"Anyway, let me show you out the courtyard. I would love to get to know you and what you think."

I nodded and followed right behind him outside to the backyard of the large mansion. I looked around in awe to see the large yard where multiple guards were outside fighting or sitting down enjoying their lunch. Compare to ours, this was way bigger.

"Though you got lost," I heard Bryce say. "Come on, let's see who you can challenge."

"Tsk, whatever let's get this over with."

Vote. Comment. Share.