Chapter 2

Naomi P.O.V

I slammed his head into the ground before towering over the guard that I was sparring with. Applause all around me as I walked over towards Tyler who was in charge of watching every spar. He took note of the match before looking over to me,

"How did I do," I asked catching my breath.

"So Naomi I heard you're staying here, you sure you won't need any backup," Tyler asked ignoring my question.

I rolled my eyes 'here we go again,' "So are you going to doubt everything I do for the rest of my life," I turned to look at the next match, "Like you have your own life, worry about yourself," I muttered under my breath.

Tyler has always been right there at every step I've taken questioning and doubting anything I do. Acting as if he's my dad or older brother, being overly protective but I could care less of his opinion.

"I'm just saying because I could stay and help, for all we know someone could intrude," he speculated.

"As if," I said rolling my eyes "All our packs literally don't have a leader why would someone risk trying to come here," I said annoyed.

Tyler shrugged obviously still doubting, "I don't know but I'm just saying I think I sho-"

I shoved him hard into the middle to spar before he could finish almost causing him to almost lose balance,

"Listen here," I said fixing my hair, "Get used to me being able to handle myself, I don't care what you think," snapping at him.

The others watching went silent as we both exchanged looks. His eyes changed to a dark grey, oh he was pissed but I wasn't going to let him walk all over me and think I won't fight back. I could feel my blood pumping as we both get into stance,

"I've been waiting for this," I growled lowly.

"Enough!" a loud voice boomed through the backyard causing everyone to freeze.

I looked over to see Alpha Alexander standing with his arms crossed looking directly at me. I stood up with my hand on my hip annoyed as Tyler scrambled to look as straight and as if he wasn't just about to fight me.

"Tyler, I need you inside right now," he demanded.

Tyler scurried to his side but as he walked behind him he turned and gave me a sly smirk in which I mocked him right back. The other guards turned to look at me for guidance on what to do next.

"Well, maybe next time we can have a showdown but for now you're all dismissed, seems like the Alpha is leaving," I said not taking my eyes off Tyler as he walked inside.

Everyone walked away to continue their duties as stood there contemplating on what to do next.

I laughed to myself, "As if someone would come here and try to steal from us. That's dumb."

Genesis POV

I sat on a tree branch looking down at my enemy. I watched as he shoved his hands into his pockets looking around.

I smirked as I felt the wind pick up, I let my fingers slip from the tree branch landing in front of him.

"Heyyy, I just wanted to pop up and ask you a question," I say smiling as I see his face turn pale.

He slowly starts to back away but with every step back he takes I take two steps forward.

"Leave me alone I promise it won't happen again!!" He yells running away.

"Why are you running," I yelled running after him. "Let me just ask my question!!"

"No I'm not dumb I ate your skittles you're after blood," he cried sprinting towards the base.

My smile gets wider as I run past him cutting him off leaving him only to run deeper into the woods. Seeing him run in zig-zags trying to lose me but with every turn, I just got closer.

"I JUST WANNA KNOW DO COWS SWIM!!!" I yell getting ready to tackle him down as soon as I squat down my eyes turn gray and foggy.

"Genesis, meet me in my office.....and leave my beta alone I can't have him whining in my head that you want to kill him."

"Tsk" I clenched my teeth annoyed.

"Yes Alpha on my way just give me 1 minute"

I looked up to see him also paused watching me with his face still pale and sweating now.

"This is not over," I say dragging my finger across my neck not breaking eye contact with him.

I always get interrupted when I'm just starting to have fun. I made my way back to the base. I opened the door to the packhouse and walked into the alpha's office throwing myself down onto the sofa in his office.

"What up?" I said making myself comfortable on the couch.

Usually, this would be extremely rude to an alpha never less the king of alphas but there is an advantage to being friends with him since kindergarten.

"What did I tell you about just walking into my office like you own the place," he said obviously annoyed.

"Last time I checked you said you would owe me your life, as proven in this very serious and official document," I pulled out a piece of paper with two signatures and the writing ' I owe my life to The Amazing and Beautiful Genesis' on the top of it and slammed it on his desk

"How do you keep getting copies of this!" he snapped grabbing the paper and riping it.

"Anyways," he said clearing his throat, "I have a mission for you, as you know the annual Alphas meeting is coming up," he said seriously.

I nodded my head, three days of peace finally.

"There are rumors that they have received documents that can come in handy with taking their territory or having a weakness that can come in handy for me," he laid back in his chair with his head slightly tilted looking at me.

I could feel a small smile form on my face as I knew what was next to come.

"So while I am away I need you to try to get me those documents," he says as he crosses his arms leaning back on his chair.

"Okay so all I have to do is grab a few documents and bring them back here in a 3 day period..." I said throwing myself back onto the sofa. " That sounds easy I can do that in my sleep."

"Genesis," He growled, "I need you to be serious for once, if you get caught all hell will break loose and this will be a situation for decades."

I sat up as he stood up,

"I'm trusting you on this Genesis if you fail" he paused and his eyes turned a light gray indicating someone was speaking to him.

"I have to go," he grabbed his jacket and as he walked out the door he turned to look at me, "I'll let you imagine what will happen if you fail."

I was left alone in the room as the door shut behind him. I placed my face in my palms and let out a deep sigh.

"Well so much for killing the fun out of it."

*********************************************************************************************

* UPDATES EVERY TUESDAYS AND FRIDAYS *

Vote.Comment.Share :D