Chapter 9

Bryce P.O.V

I looked outside the window of the car at the sunset behind the clouds. Droplets of rain hit the window and I leaned back letting out a big sigh.

'Such a long day for it being the last day'

It's always been a pain going into those meetings and determining certain situations but they were necessary to see the Alpha's especially Alpha Alexander. He stayed quiet but his eyes spoke that he wasn't happy to see me. For years we never had the best relationship but neither of us has made a move..not until now. Yet, for this meeting, I felt more eyes on me than ever since I was known to be the King Alpha, the glares and dodging eyes from my direction made me feel even more powerful.

"Any word from Genesis yet? I would think she would be blowing up my phone about her success," I spoke to my driver.

"No alpha, still no contact. Our service hasn't been the best but hopefully, they'll be waiting for you at home."

We stopped outside the forest in which exited the vehicle and shifted, I walked faster than usually eager to hear the news. She never let me down so why would she now. The rain begins to come down harder drenching my coat but I made it to my base to see my other guards nodding in greetings. I made my way inside unshifting and was greeted by more guards.

"Where's Genesis," I said looking around.

The guards looked nervous at one another sinking my stomach.

"We were hoping that she would be home, it is a long drive away so we thought maybe she would arrive later tonight."

Of course, it's more than a day ride. Yet, I ordered her to be home today.

"Did you manage to get in contact?" I asked.

"No," one guard mumbled nervously, "Every call has dropped which could be for multiple reasons."

I cursed to myself and hurried outside to my main office. I burst through the door of my office and looked at my laptop hoping to see if she contacted me but there were zero messages. I sat down on my chair cuffing my hands over my mouth and shut my eyes.

"Where is she I swear if she's not back by tonight I'm going to kill her," I whispered to myself.

"Alpha Bryce," I heard from my door. I looked up to see another guard, "We can trust her, she's never let us down. If anything she's hiding from the storm."

I looked outside my window and leaned back in my chair.

"Yeah," I said relaxing, "You're most definitely right, she would hate to come home soggy."

I sat in silence when I heard a vibration from my pocket. I grabbed my phone to see an unfamiliar number. I looked up at my guard then down at the phone before answering it. I didn't speak but could hear cursing from the other side sounding familiar.

"Goddammit, Bryce hello!" Genesis snapped, "I'm just ordering pizza," I could hear her yell.

"Genesis! Where are you?" I snapped annoyed.

"I'm still here, please. I'm sorry but I need backup no-" I heard a door slam open. "Touch me and the phone goes down the toilet," she yelled.