Joy, Boarding school for boys! Chapter 17

“Know how you love me?” Sam sang as I talked to her on the phone Thursday night.

“What do you want,” I asked writing in my notebook. I was trying to think of some new song lyrics but right now it was hard, I had the perfect song but it was one that I needed a guy for. I wondered if Logan would help me with it?

“I want a puppy for my birthday.”

“That’s like five months away.”

I’m just thinking ahead! Besides, what are you going to do for you birthday?”

I thought about Sam’s question, I really wanted to fly home and see Jace and the girls but it was in the middle of the week so I really doubt I would be able to and I was almost a hundred percent sure that my mother wouldn’t bring him up here. “I’m not sure,” I responded after a minute.

“We can always come visit you if you want, we could also try and bring Jace.”

“You know how she is, he’s my son but she acts as if I can’t take care of him, I mean it’s not like I want to be here! She decided this was somehow going to teach me a lesson which it most definitely isn’t.”

“She cares about you.”

“Somehow, I highly doubt that.” I checked the time and decided I should go grocery shopping before it gets too late. “I have to go, talk to you later?”

“Course, night hun.” I quickly said goodbye before hanging up and opening my closet door to find an outfit. I quickly grabbed a pair of ripped denim shorts, a black tank top that had lips that looked like the American flag, my infinity bracelet, a pair of peach colored flower earrings and red sunglasses. I quickly straightened my hair and put on some makeup before slipping on some sandals and walking into the living room.

“Josh,” I sang. “Wanna take me grocery shopping?”

“Will you get me ice cream?”

Nodding my head yes, Josh hopped up off the couch and walked to the door as I grabbed the envelope that had the food money in it. The elevator ride was silent as Josh continually was texting with what seemed like a permanent smile on his face.

“Who’s the girl,” I asked. When Josh looks at me shocked I simply laugh. “I’m not stupid and I also know you’re not gay so come on, spill!”

“It’s nobody important,” He mutters.

“Come on Josh! I probably don’t know her anyways.” This was true, I’ve met very few people in the few weeks that I have been here- girls at least, there are quite a few guys that I have met but I don’t know a lot of them well enough to know their names and faces.

“Umm about that, yeah you do.”

“Tell me then,” I whined.

“What if you don’t approve?” He shot back at me.

I raised my eyebrows at him, “And what if I do? We won’t know unless you just tell me. I promise, I won’t judge.”

“ItmayormaynotbeBritanny,” He said in a rush.

“Slower please.”

“I’m talking to Brittany,” He mumbled. “And I may have developed a crush on her.”

“Oh my god,” I squealed. “That is so cute! Tell me everything!”

With a sigh he started to explain that ever since they came to visit they had started texting. When I asked why he told me that they both couldn’t sleep one night so they stayed up talking for a few hours and they both found out that they liked each other’s company so before they left they exchanged numbers and have been texting each other sense.

“That’s it,” I grinned at him. “I’m going to get the girls to come visit for my birthday! Then Sam and I can find a couple of guys and the six of us can go on like a triple date!” As I said this I thought back to Tyler but I quickly banished that thought. He wasn’t there when I needed him most so now I wouldn’t give him the satisfaction of thinking about him.

“She doesn’t like me so I would prefer not go to hang out with her like that.”

By now we were just pulling up in front of the grocery store where I climbed out of Josh’s truck and headed on inside.

“Let me talk to her, I promise I won’t make it extremely obvious so she knows but I’ll hint at it. Look, she has no reason not to like you. You’re a great guy and if she hasn’t already fallen head over heels for you then she will soon. Just let me work my magic and you two will be in the storage closet getting it on in no time!”

Josh looked at me wearily, “Why the storage closet?”

I looked over at with raised eyebrows, “What? You’ve never hooked up with anyone in a storage closet before?”

“No,” He laughed. “Why have you?”

“Once or twice,” I shrugged casually. “It was never anything serious.”

“Did you ever get caught?”

“Yep.”

Authors Note: Not a lot happened in this chapter, it was just filler really! I’m getting close to actually updating more chapters seeing as I apparently haven’t for over a year… It’s coming though!

Also, RIP Cory <3 When I heard the news I was shocked, anyone else?