Joy, Boarding school for boys! Chapter 14

“Guess what’s coming up soon,” My mother asked as I lay on my bed later that night with my phone beside me on speaker.

“More homework,” I responded.

“How about your birthday?”

“I don’t see how that has anything to do with something coming up soon but okay,” I shrugged even though I knew she couldn’t see me.

She sighed through the phone, “Why can’t you pretend to be a little bit excited?”

“Mom,” I began with my whole ‘I don’t need or want anything for my birthday’ speech that I used every year. “I already told you a million times before I don’t want anything for my birthday! I love you and all but I really don’t want to have to go through this every year.”

“You’re turning eighteen in a little over a week, why can’t you just be a normal teenager?”

“We both know that I’m not a normal teenager, I have a son that is one year old and I’m at a boarding school for boys.” She didn’t reply for a few moments and I knew for a fact that I had hit a nerve. When mom found out about my pregnancy she wasn’t too pleased. But who could blame her? Her baby girl was having a baby of her own. “Look I have a lot of homework to do, so I have to go. Tell Jace I love him though?”

“Of course sweetie,” with a quick goodbye I hung up and looked around my room. I had finally rearranged it to look the way I wanted it to look with some help from the guys.

“This color would look perfect,” Austin yelled across the store where he was holding up a fluffy purple and green polka dotted pillow. “It totally goes with your eyes!”

“Sorry Austin! I’m not really into polka dots! Why don’t you buy it for yourself?” Before he had a chance to reply there was a loud crash from the aisle beside me. I quickly rushed over to find Ethan and Ryan uncovering themselves from a bunch of duvets.

“What are you guys doing,” I cried heat rushing to my face. “Do you really want to get kicked out of the store?”

“Sorry,” They said in unison not looking sorry at all.

“Just put all of this way and stay out of trouble. Got it?” Instead of saying anything they nodded sheepishly as I wondered back to the aisle I was in before looking at paint colors. I was torn between a dark purple and a teal type color.

“Go with the purple,” Someone said from behind me. When I turned around I saw a boy with sandy blonde hair that was rather messy. As cheesy as this sounds his green eyes reminded me of emeralds. “I saw you that you looked pretty concentrated.”

“Ummm thanks…” I veered off not knowing what his name was.

“Colin.”

“Colin,” I repeated with a smile. “I’m Ashley.”

“So what has made you so concentrated on two paint colors that you look almost annoyed?”

“I’m re doing my room and I guess I just want it to be perfect,” I shrugged followed by a wince as I heard Josh screaming that he was Superman.

“Man who are those guys,” Colin asked in disbelief.

“I’m not quite sure,” I stuttered hoping he wasn’t able to tell I was lying. “They definitely aren’t quite though.” Colin chuckled causing me to blush.

“So where do you go to school?” Of course he had to ask the one question I was dreading.

“Umm, actually I go to-” Before I had to tell him I went to a boys boarding school all of the guys ran up to us screaming that they wanted ice cream.