End of the kaiju

I came up onto the two Hansens having a real family moment and I smiled and cried at once, Stupid Hormones. "Hey, now. When you Drift with someone, you feel like there's nothing to talk about. I just don't want to regret all the things that I never said out loud" and they both were tearing up "Don't" Chuck whispered then sighed "You don't need to. I know them all. I always have." and I couldn't keep the sob from escaping as Max barked "Hey. Hey, handsome." He held onto max's collar and kissed him "Oh, I'm gonna miss you. You look after him for me" he told Herc and I realized then what he was doing, he was saying goodbye and I walked up to him as he held onto me and kept his face at the crook of my neck as he kept kissing me and looked up at his dad "and keep an eye on her always" and he nodded as I sobbed and held his face "I love you Charlie. Always have, always will. I need you to come back to me" and I kissed his hand and placed it on my stomach "to come back to us" and I heard him choke up and he inhale quickly and looked into my eyes as fresh ones poured down his face "Wha- What? You're.." and I nodded ask he picked me up and kissed me passionately "I'M GOING TO BE A FATHER!!" He yelled as Stacker smiled and nodded and Herc let out a sob and smiled too as Chuck looked at me and it's like reality set in and he collapsed to his knees and kissed my stomach "Be good to your mommy for me" and he just kept his head there for a moment as I caressed his hair and he stood up and kissed me again and started to walk for Stacker when Herc came up beside me as I bawled my eyes out "Stacker. That's my son you got there" and I looked up to see Chuck has stopped and turned around with tears pouring out "My son" and I nodded as I looked at him "and the love of my life" and he nodded his head as Chuck continued on into the elevator and I lost it and had to kneel over to be able to breathe and I felt Herc rub my back to soothe me "Calm down Brookie the baby doesn't like that I know it's rough but think of my grandbaby too" and I nodded and stood up wiping my eyes and let a sob out as he took me into a hug and we walked to LOCCENT to keep up with everyone.

I sat down next to Tendo as Herc took Stackers spot and I started gnawing on my thumb out of nervousness and listened to what was going on "Disengaging transport" Tendo announced as Stacker came over "LOCCENT, all ports sealed. Ready to submerge" then Raleigh "All ports sealed. Ready to submerge" A J Tech spoke "Both neural handshakes at 100 percent" as Herc walked around "Neural handshake confirmed, sir" Tendo announced as Herc took the mic "Two actives still in circle formation in the Guam quadrant. Code names: Scunner, Raiju. Both Category 4" Stacker replied "Roger that. Half a mile to the ocean cliff..we jump! It's 3000 meters to the Breach" "Half a mile? I can't even see a damn inch ahead! How are we supposed to deliver the bomb?" I heard Chuck smart off and I smiled weakly as I heard Raleigh "Visibility's zero.
Switching to instruments now" I looked around not used to having the conversations going here. Tendo's computer went off and he yelled "Sir!" and pointed as Herc took the mic again "Gipsy, you have movement on your right. Three o'clock! Three o'clock!" "Right flank's clear. I got nothing" Raleigh replied as Tendo yelled again pointing "Left now! And moving fast! Fastest Kaiju on record!" "I don't see anything. It's moving too fast!" Raleigh said flustered like he was trying to look around. "Eyes on the prize, Gipsy 600 meters to the drop" Chuck yelled out and then after they jumped "400 meters and closing" and I closed my eyes to pray. "Bogeys are stopping" Tendo called out followed by Herc telling the others "Striker! Bogeys are stopping. One o'clock" Soon after, I heard Chuck and Stacker arguing "Marshal, what are you doing?" "They're stopping! Why the hell are they stopping?" "I don't give a damn, sir! We're 300 meters from the jump!" "Something's not right!" Herc finally took over "Striker, the bogeys aren't following. Take the leap now" and his hand was still on the mic when Gottlieb and Newton came in yelling and screaming "Don't do it! Don't do it! It's not gonna work!" Newton pushed Herc out of the way and took over the mic "Move, you fascist! Blowing up the Breach, it's not gonna work!" and Stacker asked surprised "What do you mean? What's not gonna work?" Newton replied " Sir, Just because the Breach is open does not mean you're able to get a bomb through" and the Gottlieb "The Breach
genetically reads the Kaiju like a barcode at the supermarket and then lets them pass." and Newton went on "ok, so you're gonna have to fool the Breach into thinking that you have the same code!" Raleigh asked smartly "And how are we supposed to do that?" and Newton kept going "By making it think you are a Kaiju" and Gottlieb spoke up " You have to lock onto the Kaiju, ride it into the Breach. The Throat will then read the Kaiju's genetic code and let you pass" and Newton went on " If you don't do it the bomb will deflect off the Breach like it always has and the mission will fail."Herc had enough and took back over "All right. Now that you've heard all that, Striker, take the leap!" and Tendo spoke up "Sir! I have a third signature emerging from the Breach!" "Third signature emerging from the Breach!" Herc announced and Gottlieb adn Newton whispered "It's a triple event" "Oh, God, I was right" "How big is it? What category?" Stacker asked and Tenod froze up and shrunk up "Category 5" and my eyes closed in deep prayer "Striker..it's a Category 5. The first ever" and Herc put his hand on my shoulder. I tuned out a bit as I prayed for their safety as I heard Herc yell "Gipsy, coming up on your 12 o'clock! Full speed! Get out of the way!" and I stood up beside him to watch the screen in horror. and I heard the worst news as Chuck spoke " The release is jammed! We can't deliver the payload, sir! We're still armed. But the hull is compromised! Half our systems are offline, sir." and STacker told him "We need to override the..." and we heard them grunt in pain as I held my hand to my mouth to keep from screaming " Both Kaijus converging on Striker fast!" Tendo announced "Hang on, Striker! We 're coming to you!" Raleigh yelled and I heard Stacker yell "No! Gipsy! Do not come to our aid! Do you copy?" "Hang on!" "Stay as far back as you can!" "We can still reach you. We're coming for you" No, Raleigh, listen to me. You know exactly what you have to do! Gipsy is nuclear! Take her to the Breach!" "I hear you, sir. Heading for the Breach" and I dropped to my knees "Mako. Listen. You can finish this. I'll always be here for you. You can always find me in the Drift. Brooklyn you too" and I sobbed out "What can we do, sir?" I heard Chuck and stood up "We can clear a path! For the lady!" and I heard Tendo tell Herc "They're gonna detonate the payload" "Well, my father always said: If you have the shot, you take it! So let's do this! It was a pleasure, sir. Brooklyn, I love you baby I'm sorry I can't keep my promise" Chuck spoke and I lost it as I put my hand on the screen over Strikers spot and then all i heard was Chuck yell out "what the" and all went silent and I went crazy as Herc had to pull me away as they tried to help Raleigh and Mako thorugh the bridge. % minutes later Tendo looked at us smiling "they made it" and I hugged myself as I sat there twirling the ring on my finger with tears rolling down my face "
Twenty minutes more and Tendo was rushing to the screen again "Direct hit! The Breach has collapsed!" and everyone cheered and celebrated except Herc and I as I held his hand in comfort. "To the choppers! To the choppers now!" and I sat back down staring at the screen "Visuals on first pod. Tracking solid. Vital signs are good." "Okay, where's the second pod?" Herc asked quietly as I looked at them not wanting more bad news "I'm tracking it, but I'm getting no vital signs" and I heard Mako panic "I can't find his pulse. I don't think he's breathing" "Can you read his pulse? Does he have a pulse?" Herc asked Tendo and Mako panicked even more "Raleigh?!" and Tendo spoke to her "Mako, listen to me. It could be the sensors are networking. We can't be sure" and I heard Mako sobbing "No. No. Don't go" and I lost it all over again and I put my head in my hands accepting defeat for the first time ever as I heard her cry "Please. Don't go No. Don't go. Please" and the second best thing this day happened as Raleighs strained voice spoke "You're squeezing me too tight" and then he coughed and spoke again "I couldn't breathe" and I smiled as everyone cheered and Herc hugged me close and took the mic one last time " This is Marshal Hercules Hansen. The Breach is sealed. Stop the clock!" and we heard mass celebration everywhere as I walked out the door to my room even when I heard commotion behind me in LOCCENT I didn't care anymore, I know my brother was ok and my husband is dead. He's dead and never coming back and I lost it again and held onto a wall and slid down it in time to see Herc running like mad into a helicopter but I could care less then because I felt numb. detached and depressed. The kaiju might be dead but they ultimately won by taking almost everything. I finally made it to my bedroom and passed out from exhaustion

UGH!! this was so hard to write for me but the last chapter is next and maybe an epilogue!! I'm thinking of doing one for Raleigh next but idk.