Unexpected

March 2, 2021

When I went to the pub by the dome to meet Jason I felt like I was making a mistake, sure I mean i'm single but deep down all I could think of was Chuck but he was never going to change so I knew I'd have to do something to get him off my mind so why not take up this opportunity. I waited for ten minutes and as I gave up thinking he wasn't coming and started to order for myself I seen someone sit across from me. I sat down my menu smiling and went to greet him when my smile dropped. "Ello gorgeous" Charles greeted me. "What the hell do you want? And what have you done to Jason?" He grinned at me and looked at the back to Jason chatting with and ordering with the bimbo he was with last night. I scoffed and rolled my eyes "handing off your sloppy seconds yeah?" And stood up taking off before he could stop me.

I ended up changing and going to the practice room. I had the shaolin stick and started doing choreography. "Mind if I cut in?" I turned around annoyed "do you not get that I don't want to be around you?" He shrugged his shoulders "and I really don't care what you want. You will talk to me. Better yet let's straighten this out pilot to pilot who ever makes it to 4 marks first gets their way" I smirked nodding my head. He started waving his stick around showing off when I started circling him waiting for him to charge at me like I knew he would. Sure enough, he charged and I jumped to the side hitting him in the side of the leg making him fall. 1-0 I smirked. He got up and faked right but swung at my hip. 1-1. We started circling and kept swinging but calculated each others moves and we dodged them and had nothing when our sticks got stuck together causing us to fall into each other our lips just an inch apart and he was leaning into me going for the kiss when I took my stick to his head "2-1 and this is...." But I was cut off by clapping "that was fantastic Brook I see you haven't rusted up one bit" Hercules interrupted us leaving me relieved and Chuck ticked off "Dad we were a little busy" Herc chuckled "well it looked like she was leaving to me" and he looked at me nodding his head telling me to go" he spoke back to Chuck again "stay put a minute I have something to talk to you about" and I walked quickly to my dorm.

March 17,2021

Its been 2 weeks since the incident and I feel empty. I miss Chuck but I won't let him know that. He has tried multiple times to talk to me but I keep walking by as if I have heard nothing. I even knew it was him that left the present on my bed 2 days ago for my birthday. It was a beautiful photo album of my brothers and I throughout the years we were pilots and newspaper clippings. To some people, it would make them upset or angry but it made me smile, he knew what would make me happy and it that's what counted. After I had finished my report, Herc had called asking me to come to the drift simulator. When I got there I only seen Herc, "so here I am" I said nervously "yes you are. are you ready?" I shook my head yes "do you think we're drift compatible or something" he shook his head no I furrowed my eyebrows "then who do you believe I'm compatible with?" He sucked in air and looked behind me and before I could turn around to the foot steps behind me I heard the voice I had been avoiding  "me" and I turned around to look at him he had guilty look on his face with his hands in pockets. I became annoyed right then and there and looked at Herc "seriously?" And he shrugged his shoulders "let's just give in to my hunch please?" I rolled my eyes and nodded my head in agreement causing Herc to smile "excellent. Let's do this then"