A new start

August 5,2020

After my mental breakdown, Marshall took me in and shipped me off to Hong Kong to spend time with a girl he adopted name Mako Mori. Mako and I became instant friends and she always asked what it was like to be a Jaeger pilot. I told her about my brothers and our adventures and she was the only one,other than Marshall, who I confided everything I felt to. We bundled up together in a room and she showed me the ropes on everything file wise she did for Marshall to keep him updated so I could be prepared for my next shatterdome. I wasn't told where I'd be going next since I can't be a Jaeger pilot without a Jaeger or co-pilot I tried communicating with Raleigh after everything had calmed down but got nothing back. We'd practice our moves on eacc other on downtime and I have to admit, she was brilliant. After 5 months, Marshall made a surprise visit and requested Mako and I to join him for dinner. When we arrived. He enveloped us into hugs like a father would give his daughters and applauded our efforts on everything we had sent him and updated him on. "Brooklyn you're looking so much better. Are you ready for your New assignment?" I sighed and smiled "I feel tons better just wish I was still in a Jaeger ya know?..." he nodded in understanding .."and I'm ready for whatever you throw at me stacker" Mako and I smiled at each other and then at Stacker causing him to chuckle and all of us to bust out laughing for some reason "you two are the closest thing I will have to daughters and I cherish you so, I May not always be the nicest but I swear I mean well by it. Brooklyn, I need you to report to Sydney and help keep things in line and straighten out some things. Herc can't do it with his blasted son running his mouth all the time causing fights every time he turns around" I nodded my head as Chuck Hansen came to mind. After dinner, I went ahead and packed my room up and when i got  to my closest I started to cry. The box with all of yancys things and pictures of all of us was sitting there. I put it all at the door for the personnel to take in the morning and Mako came in And hugged me And we talked like girls all night when she got to asking about Chuck and how i felt about seeing him again and I paused. "Well, I guess I'll see when I get there" and then we laughed. 

August 6, 2020

The next morning, I got dressed and I quickly put on yancys jacket And got in the helicopter taking me to Sydney. 4 hours later, I was there. I let the warm air hit me and smiled. Herc was there waiting and pulled me into his arms like a father "Brooklyn it is so good to see you. I am so sorry about your brothers, especially Yancy". I smiled at him and we started to conversate and catch up while he led me to my office when all of a sudden a veryyy attractive and muscular man resembling the scrawny teen I met almost  2 years ago popped out of a room with a girl fixing her shirt coming out behind him when our eyes met they looked surprised then guilty all at once "ello Brooklyn" I smiled at him and looked at Herc who's face looked very pissed off but said nothing "Herc where's my office again?" I asked quickly to void any more tension and quickly get away from Chuck his face became happy again and put his hand on my back "ahhh yes Ms. Becket right this way" Chuck watched us take off ignoring him "yeah it was good seeing you too" he yelled at me I turned around and flipped him off causing Hercules to crack a real smile. "I cannot express how much I have missed you putting him in his place" I looked at him giving him another hug "always here to help remember?"