Chapter 4 - Taking Action

Sting's POV

"Yes! I'm almost done!" I shouted in delight.

"You're finally thinking straight." I heard Rogue to chuckle.

"Yeah yeah... Hey Rogue can you pass me that last pile of papers for me?"

"Hmph. Get it yourself." Rogue rolled his eyes and an irk mark appeared on my head.

"I was asking nicely. Don't get your shadows in a bunch." I stuck my tongue out.

"Still a kid as ever."

"Whatever." I pouted and got up from my seat to grab the last piles of paper.

"What are the papers even for?"

"Just some stuff for the guild and jobs."

"I see." He said as I walked back to my desk to place the papers and myself down.

"H-Hey Rogue..."

"Yeah?"

"I still can't get over that time... which was weeks ago when I uh... accidentally cuddled you in my sleep... Sorry." I stammered at the thought.

"That was weeks ago and that's fine... you got your punishment anyways." Rogue said with a smug grin and I glared daggers at him

"I was asleep okay!"

"And fantasizing in your sleep..." Rogue shivered.

"S-Shut up!" I barked and he chuckled. "But I still can't believe that the Magic Council was destroyed and the members died as well... that's a worrisome." I added.

"Me neither."

"Something is up... I wonder if Natsu-san and the others are informed."

"I'm pretty sure they are. The news is everywhere." Rogue said.

"I know..."

"Sting-kun! Rogue-kun!" we heard Lector say as he strolled himself inside my office, along with Frosch with a smile on his face. The usual.

"What is it Lector?" I asked as I knelt down to pat his head.

"The mailman was handing out the mail outside the guild and I read the front that it was from Erza-kun..."

"Erza-san? Did you read it?" I cocked an eyebrow and he nodded.

"Y-Yeah... about that.. her um... letter wasn't very well written."

"What do you mean?" I asked as I took the letter from him and unsealed it to read it.

"..."

"Well?" Rogue raised an eyebrow at me.

"Y-You're right... It's not the uh... Greatest." I sweat dropped as I handed it over to Rogue.

"Horrible." He muttered.

"You could say that again." Lector sighed.

"Fro thinks so, to!"

"But this is serious though..." I said, grabbing the letter once more from Rogue.

"Something else that I couldn't have thought of ... They found Minerva." Rogue added.

"Our lady!" Lector and Frosch cheered.

"Yeah... We're gonna go and see what's up. I have a feeling of something is going to happen. Not too mention the sudden attack of the magic council."

"Yeah." Rogue muttered.

"When are we going to get back our lady?" Lector asked.

"As soon as possible, later today. But ... I have some things as a Master to finish with." I smirked.

"Yay!~" Frosch cheered.

"Time to bring back our comrade." Rogue smiled and I gave him a thumbs up.

"Yeah... to get our lady back from trouble and to help Natsu-san and the others."

"Yeah!" Lector and Frosch cheered as I grinned.

"B-But first... I need to do some stuff before we go." Sting sweat dropped.