Chapter 1 - Melancholy

3 Months Later~

Third POV

In Sabertooth Guild ~

"M-Master... I-I mean Sting-kun!" a familiar red furred exceed trembled at his grumpy and solemned best friend, the White Dragon Slayer, Sting Eucliffe.

"What do you want?" Sting asked, without looking at Lector.

"I-I just wanted you to know that um... Rogue-kun, Frosch, Yukino-kun and everyone else wanted you to... take a break... Ya know... go out on a mission?"

"Don't have time for that. Being a Master is very tough and I need to get this paperwork done. Sorry but go without me." Sting nonchalantly said, not paying attention to surroundings except for the pen in his right hand.

"B-But Sting-kun...."

"Lector! I said you guys go without me. I'm busy!" He sighed, running a hand through his blonde locks.

"I- b-but we... O-Okay Sting-kun... if you say so..." Lector whimpered, his ears hanging low before exiting out of the office.

Sting sighed, still running his hand against his blonde locks. Sting's heart was broken in pieces. He still could never get rid or forgotten that scene of losing Cynthia. How he missed her so much. He felt like his heart was pierced painfully to no longer have his mate with him. More like she is gone from this world. He brought both of his hands to clasp them together before leaning his elbows onto the desk, then pressed his chin against his tightly held fist.

It's been three painful months that Sting had to go through and went into slight depression and in a sour mood since then. He gave his guild a hard time, even ignoring them and not thinking straight. He knew it wasn't good of him to act that way but ever since he lost Cynthia... he just wasn't his usual self.

"Sting. We need to talk." a voice boomed, coming from the office doors.

"What do you want, Rogue?" Sting muttered as he swiveled his chair and stared at the wall behind him, so that Rogue was faced by the back of the chair.

"You need to do your Master duties properly... the guild is falling apart!" Rogue argued while Sting ignored him.

"So?"

"So... I thought you were going to make this guild better. Ever since after the games that was months ago... You wanted to change and make Sabertooth to become a stronger and loving guild like Fairy Tail. But after the... crisis that happened three months ago.. you became an asshole."

"Asshole huh?" Sting smirked, still keeping his stare at the wall.

"Yes. Lector tried to-"

"Lector asked me if I wanted to go out on a mission with you guys but no can do right? I'm busy so go away." Sting waved off at a very upset and pissed Rogue.

"Go away? You're practically pushing everyone away! How would Cynthia-chan see you like this?!" Rogue shouted as an irk mark appeared.

"How dare you say her name." Sting turned to face him with a very pissed off look.

"I just did Sting. Since Cynthia died to protect us, you've changed! Just like at the games, but this time you're rude to everyone! Even to your comrades!"

"Cynthia isn't here! You don't know how I feel!"

"We all do! All of Sabertooth understand show you feel! She was our friend! Don't you even think about what Fairy Tail has to go through?! Do you remember what Natsu said to you during the funeral three months ago?! And how about Cynthia-chan's promises that she yelled out to you!" Rogue growled as Sting looked like he was about to pounce off from his chair.