Chapter Twenty-Six

Inspiration credit to Supernova13
---Time skip to Christmas---
---Oliver's perspective---

These past few months have been rather tough for everyone, Oliver's girlfriend had lost her brother who was also one of Oliver's close friends. But by December things were starting to pick up, everyone had found the courage to find their closure. Christmas was Oliver's favorite time of the year and he really hadn't celebrated it in three years and he said he was definitely gonna celebrate it with Becca.

The archer's eyes skimmed across the brightly decorated room to find the box of candy canes he had set down just moments before. Ah ha! He spotted the red box with the hard, striped, minty candy. In long strides Oliver made it to the other side of the room and swiftly picked up the box and walked back over to the tree. He delicately placed the candy canes on to the tree and smiled to himself.

His dashing blue eyes snapped up when he heard footsteps nearing. Oliver smiled when he saw Rebecca walk into view wearing a dark green dress. Green really did look good on her. "Hey, babe." He said softly and kissed her cheek when he finally made his way over to her. "Joe and Iris are coming over." The black haired woman said in the tone of voice that Oliver found extremely sexy. He nodded. "The more the merrier." He replied

---Rebecca's Perspective---

She gave him a small smile and walked off into the kitchen and started to make the world (more like family) famous egg nog. Becca hummed 'Deck the Halls' while mixing the creamy liquid together and putting it into the fridge.

Rebecca was still very saddened by the loss of her brother, the scarlet speedster. That's how the world knew him, but she knew him as Barry or Bar, the best older brother a girl could ask for. He was always there for her and not having him hear was different but she had found her own personal closure and was beginning to see and heal  the hole in her heart and Oliver was really helpful with that.

The sharp pitched ring of the door bell snapped the young woman out of her thoughts. That must be Joe and Iris. Rebecca rushed over to the wooden door and looked out of the peephole before opening the door. Her eyes glistened when she saw them, the rest of her family, not biological of course, but they were still family and family sticks together. "Come in guys!" She smiled warmly and stepped out of the doorway so the two could walk in. Once they made it into the cozy living room they all hugged each other one by one and rightly. If this past year has taught them something it was that life was precious and that you needed to savor it while it lasts.

---Joe's Perspective---
He smiled at his adopted daughter and sat down on the beige couch and took the egg nog that was being handed to him with a short thank you. He took a swig and coughed a bit. "It's kind of strong." He laughed heartily. He watched as Becca's cheeks flamed Crimson. "Sorry." She stuttered out. The chocolate man shook his head. "It's fine, honey." He dismissed.

Joe missed Barry like hell, the police station just wasn't the same as it used to be. Every time he walked into the building, his heart panged with sadness. He was his light, other than Iris and Becca of course. But he was the son he had always wanted and now he was gone and it was hard for him to cope but he did. He woke up every morning and powered through the day, he stayed strong for his two wonderful daughters.

"How have things been with you two?" Joe asked and raised an eyebrow at the dirty blonde male who was standing near the tree drinking some of his drink in a crystal glass.

Before Oliver could reply, Becca answered for him. "Great. We are doing great." She said and smiled a crooked smile at Joe and told him with her eyes to knock it off for tonight.

He had always disapproved of her relationship with Ollie mainly because he believed that he was trouble and bad news. He simply did not want to see Rebecca get hurt, physically or mentally which was understandable.

---Iris' Perspective---
She swept a brown lock of hair out of her eyes with a smile and sat on the couch next to her dad. It was great being together on the holidays, it really was, but it wasn't the same with out Barry's cheesy Christmas jokes and her dad getting a bit too toasty off of egg nog.

No one ever really knew this but she was in love with Barry. Well it was a bit complicated with her being with Eddie (Detective Pretty Boy) and all. Now that it was too late, she felt the worst about it. Not long after they put him in the ground she had confessed her feelings to the grave stone and ended up staying there all day in a mess of tears.

"Okay, but remember that time when we were little and Iris was scared that the monsters under her bed were gonna eat her so she slept in the tub for a week." Rebecca started to laugh after the story and everyone joined in afterwards. Her face turned red fairly quickly. "Hey! Stop telling everyone that story, it's embarrassing." She squealed and threw a pillow at her sister with a laugh.

Rebecca caught the patterned pillow and threw it back at her and stuck her tongue out at her. "You did not." This meant war for Iris, a playful one of course.

"Not right now, girls." Joe declared with a laugh and stood up and got some more egg nog before sitting down.

--- No one in particular's perspective---

The night went on with out a hitch, old child hood stories and new memories being made. Everyone was careful not to bring up Barry though. This family was small and broken but it was growing and healing at the same time and that's all that someone could ask for...

THE END...

AN:
Wow! I can't believe the story is over. It's kind of bittersweet!

I am thinking about writing a sequel, should I? Also I have a couple of stories in the making that I think you guys would love.

"An Unusual Love Story" is still on hold for the time being because I have no ideas for it at the moment.

Well, goodbye for now my good friends... Until the next adventure.

Love Yall,
                     Katherine W. 💕