Chapter Thirteen

"The Foundry?" Rebecca asked slightly confused while looking around at the basement area. "That's what we call it." Oliver replies, a hint of a smile on his face. "We?" The young woman asks. "Myself, John Diggle." He points to a muscular black man, with soft eyes "Felicity." He points to a cute blonde with glasses "and Roy." Oliver finishes and points towards a man who had the jaw of an angel and amazing hair. She nods in somewhat understanding. "I'm Rebecca." She declared and waved her small hand at everyone in the room. They smile and return with a jumble of waves and hellos and a few questions all of which she didn't answer, purely because Oliver glared at everyone enough asked a question. Becca hopped down from the metal table "So this is head of the Arrow's operation." She says dumb founded but a smile playing on her face. This place was unbelievable. "Could I talk to you in private?" Oliver asks, his voice low. She nods in response and he walks her over to the other side of the Foundry. "Rebecca? Can I ask you some questions?" He asks respectfully. Rebecca nods. "Yeah of course. Fire." She says, pulling a black curl out of her face and looking in Oliver's ocean blue eyes. "Do you work with Merlyn on other projects outside of work?" He asks hesitantly. She swallows, knowing what Oliver was talking about and wasn't about lie to him. "O-Oliver. I can explain." His voice sliced through hers. "Rebecca. Get out. Now." Oliver was furious with her. Tears formed in her eyes, was she gonna lose him like this? "I said get out!" He raises his voice to a shout, it was deep like the arrow's voice, but it was angry. She storms out of the corner they were in, everyone was staring at them. "I want to clarify one thing; I only did what I did because he threatened my only family, said he was gonna kill him." She was shaking now, either in anger or fear she couldn't decide. Rebecca was angry towards Oliver and fearful to what Merlyn can and will do to her and or Barry. "Who is the him you were talking about?" Felicity interrupts. Rebecca glances over at the blonde with glasses. "My brother." She replies simply, her voice laced with concern. The awkward IT girl nods and turns back to her computer, leaving Rebecca to be yelled at again by Oliver. "Do you know what Merlyn has caused? The pain he has given others!" His voice was filled with anger. "Yes! I am aware!" She shouts back. "Your a murderer Rebecca." He growls, damn. He did not just go there. "It takes one to see one." She retorts, anger bubbling over her. John grabs Oliver's arm, keeping him planted on the spot unable to lash out even if he wanted to. "H-he's gonna hurt Barry. You can't let him hurt Barry, Oliver." She pleads with him. "Please." Rebecca adds. He sighs and looks at her, "how do we know that he is actually at risk?" He asks skeptically. This time the young woman sighs, and sits on one of the tables, still shaking. "I-I don't know exactly." She admits. "Felicity, can you track her brother and Merlyn? Check it out." Oliver asked Felicity, his tone a lot more soft. There was an awkward silence in the air, the only noise was the furious typing of the blonde. "Okay. Merlyn is at his company and Barry is at the CCPD." Rebecca signed in relief. "Thank god. I should actually get to work, so he isn't suspicious." She declared and starts to walks out of the foundry without a word. The young woman zips through the green lighted club and calls a cab to take her to Merlyn Global. Rebecca rushes up to her office, "Ms. Allen." His voice was crisp. "Hello Sir." She replied respectfully, before she could react Merlyn pinned her to a wall his face inches from her. "What do you know about the arrow? Did you tell him anything about us?" He growled. "Nothing. I didn't tell him anything." She whimpers, her voice quiet. Malcolm pushed her harder against the wall, making it harder to breathe. "Don't lie to me." He replied. "I-I'm not lying." She croaks in response. He drags her to another room, by her hair. Felicity had hacked into the security cameras and the whole team watched as the event unfolded, Oliver and Roy were suited up just in case they needed to go help her. Rebecca thrashes out of Merlyn's grip, "get the hell off of me!" She shouts. "I didn't tell them anything and if you dare lay one finger on Barry I swear I'll end you." She growls. Merlyn had a smirk on his face, "admit it. You like doing this with me." He taunts. "I don't like doing anything with you. Your threatening to hurt the one person I have left and you can't do that." She retorts. "Well it's a bit too late for that." He pulled open a door and she saw Barry gagged and bruised, Rebecca rushes over to her brother's side tears running down her face. "Barry. I am so so sorry. This is all my fault, I'm gonna get you out of this okay?" He may have been the older one, but Rebecca was the protector. "Let. Him. Go. I'll do whatever you want." She pleads. "You have to kill the arrow." He snaps, Rebecca's jaw fell to the floor. She couldn't do that, but she couldn't let Barry die or get more hurt.