Chapter Nine

She was drowning, unable to escape the wrath of the raging waters. Pulling her under with a gasp.
"Becca?" A soft voice asks, "Becca wake up." The voice adds. Oliver's voice she presumed.
With a jerk, Rebecca woke up. Sweat gleamed on her forehead and she was breathing heavily. "Hey. You were having a nightmare." Ollie says.
Rebecca, instantly self-conscious tries to tame her messy tangled brown-black hair. "Oh. Sorry." She replies gingerly. "You've been sleeping all day, it's time for dinner. You going to join us?" He asks. Rebecca nods in reply. "Yes of course." She says pulling herself out of the soft bed that seemed to be calling her name, trying to pull her back in. As she stood, she stumbled slightly. "Whoops." She chuckles dryly.
She and Ollie ascend the large golden carpeted staircase. When the two made it to the end of the staircase that never seemed to end. Ollie leads her to the dining room, where they met up with Laurel, Moira {Oliver's mother}, Robert {Dad}, and Thea {sister}.
They all ate and talked like old buddies, it was Kind of comforting to the young woman. This was the final day of their vacation, they were returning to college the next morning. Rebecca didn't want it to end, ever. This was paradise for her.
{The Next Morning}
Rebecca rushed to pack her bag. It was filled to the seams and wouldn't closed. She groaned and sat on the Vera Bradley bag and tried to zip it up.
She runs down the stairs and goes to the car. Oliver was driving Laurel and herself to the airport himself. After saying goodbye to the Queen's they drove off to the airport in silence. Once they arrive, Laurel and Oliver say good bye in private while Becca grabs her bags. Then the tables turn and it's her turn to say good bye to him. It was awfully awkward, but she didn't care. "Thank you for allowing me to stay in your house. It was great meeting you and I hope we can get together soon." She said. He nodded in response, pulling her into a hug. "I will see you again." He says putting emphasis on the will part of the sentence.
She smiles gratefully, her bright white smile made Oliver melt. It was so kind, genuine, beautiful. Her eyes made his knees feel weak. "Bye Oliver." She said before turning away and walking into the airport with Laurel.
"That was a great trip." Rebecca sighed. Laurel nodded. "It was." Laurel smiled.
The two boarded the plane about an hour later, there was a delay because of inclement weather. As quick as the trip started, they were back in their dorm.