Chapter Ten

{A few days after College graduation}The young women only recently moved back down to Central City, back into Joe's house. She was sitting in the living room when on the news they had delivered the news. She started crying, she had only known Oliver for a little bit but the connection they had was unbelievable. The news had hit her harder then she expected. Joe walked down the stairs when he heard her crying, he rushed over. She may be all grown up now but Joe still cared and she was always gonna be a little girl in his eyes and right now she didn't care. Rebecca cried into his shoulders as his arms wrap around her. "A f-friend of mine, Oliver and his dad, they died." She said in between cries, her voice quavering. "Honey. Hey. It's okay." He said softly. She knew she was gonna be okay because this was no where near as bad as her mother's death. Barry came strolling through the door, whistling a toon not noticing the two at first.
"Becca?" He asked taken aback because she never cried. "What happened?" She didn't answer. "A friend of hers died. Apparently a close one." Joe explains in a low voice. "Everything is gonna be okay Becca." Barry said trying to comfort her. She nodded in response.
{later that day}
Rebecca had pulled herself together, but still fairly upset. It was rainy, which in her opinion made EVERYTHING worse. She decided to go and get the mail and go for a walk. Becca pulled a polka dotted raincoat on and just some plain old Nike tennis. After sliding on the hood of the coat she walked outside into the pouring rain. No one in their right mind would be out right now, which is the only reason why she went on the walk right now. The drags her feet against the grey concrete sidewalk deep in thought. After walking a mile or two she turned around and went back to the West-Allen household. Stopping to take up the mail, she flicked open the metal lid of the blue mail box and pulled out the mail. One letter read Ms. Allen from Moira Queen. She suspected it was an invitation to the funeral and this made her upset. Rebecca walked inside, took of her wet clothes and changed into sweatpants and one of Barry's old t-shirts and sat on the couch. She pulled her knees to her chest and opened up the letter.
It read: "dear Ms. Allen, I know how much Oliver meant to you and how much you meant to him and I would like to invite you to Robert and Oliver's funeral to be held September the ninth at Queen Mansion." Rebecca closed the hand written letter, with a quiet sob. She was gonna go to this funeral and pay her respects no matter how painful it was for her.
{day of the funeral}
Rebecca was dressed in a black dress, it was knee length and tight fitting with a bit of ruffling on the sleeves. She put on water proof makeup because she knew she was gonna cry, A LOT. The brown haired female found her way to her seat and sat without a word. The funeral was rather long, just making her cry. Afterwards she talked with Laurel a bit, but it was short. Then she almost ran head first into Mrs. Queen. "Oh! I am so sorry!" Rebecca gasped. Moira touches her shoulder softly. "It's okay honey." Her soft voice says. "How are you holding up?" Rebecca asks. "I've been better." Moira admits.
"I best be going if I want to make it home before dark."
Moira nods. "Thank you for coming."
Becca had to get out of there was soon as possible for the overwhelming sadness was about to eat her alive. She catches the first train to Central and is home around 5:30 pm. She opens the door of the house and goes straight up to her room and changes because now the outfit reminded her of him. She needed to get over it, she told herself, but yet it seemed impossible to do.
At 7:30 pm, she was already curled up in bed sleeping peacefully. Her face streaked with dry tears.