Chapter 4 - The Porch

Aurora just ignored me the rest of the week. She was nice to me in study hall in Monday, saying that we would be friends again. She never said anything more to me about that, so I guess she didn't mean it.

On Saturday, she didn't even come over like she usually does. She was probably with Adam, or with one of her new bitches that she calls friends. She has heaps of new friends. She is so popular now. I can't stand it.

She might even be with Adam, alone. Ugh, I can't even stand to think about it. What is she doing? Just a little over a week ago, she was saying how she didn't ever want to waste her time on a fuckboy, especially one like Adam. I can't believe how much she has changed, just in the past week. Man, I hate it. I can't her being with Adam. She thinks he's the greatest boyfriend on earth..

At football practice on Thursday, he was bragging about her. He was saying how he'd love to, how he said it, "fuck her brains out". I wanted to tell her about it so bad. She wouldn't care, though. He has her wrapped around his finger. He's just going to hurt her, I know it. I can't stand to let that happen.

On Saturday evening, I decided to go to Adam's house. I know where he lives, and it's a big house. The football team has parties there, and we have meetings there, since Adam is the captain of the team. I wanted to see if he was there.

When I got to his house, I knocked on the front door. I expected Aurora to be there. Adam's mum answered the door.

"Oh, hey Calum? Are you here to see Adam?" She asked with a smile on her face.

"Yeah, I am," I sort of lied.

"He's at Aurora's house right now, I'm sorry. I'll tell him you stopped in."

"Okay.. Thanks," I said, walking off towards my car that was parked in the driveway. I then drove off to Aurora's house, arriving there minutes later.

When I knocked, Adam came to the door. He looked at me and said, "what do you want?"

"I want to tell you, I know about your plans with each and every girlfriend you have. Every time, you fuck them and leave. You won't do that to Aurora," I told him.

"Why don't I?" He asked, laughing.

"I'll tell your dad what you've been doing. He won't like it." I remembered how strict his dad was, and Adam got grounded a lot for little things.

"Please.. No," he begged.

"And I'll tell your mum what really happened with your other breakups. How they really went down. I've witnessed quite a few of them.."

"Calum.. Don't you dare."

"Then don't hurt my best friend. I'm warning you right now. If you don't want your dad to know about what you've been doing, and if you don't want your mum to know about your breakups, oh! Also, if you don't want me to tell both of your parents about the three write-ups you have, you better not hurt my best friend."

"Fine. What do I do then? We're already dating. She's already really into me."

"I don't know. Let her down easily. It'll be fine."

"Okay."

"Adam!!" I hear from in the house.

"Yeah?"

"Who is that?"

"It's Calum."

"Oh," she walks towards the door. She wanted to talk to me. Wow.

"Don't say anything about this," Adam warned, whispering to me.

"I won't," I promised.

Aurora came out onto the porch to talk to me, and Adam walked back into the house. She smiled at me, sort of.

"Hey," I quietly said.

"Hi.." She looked back at me.

"So.. You're popular now," I told her.

"I guess I am," She smiled.

"So, um how've you been? I haven't talked to you at school much.." I looked at my hands. This was so awkward. Why did it have to be like this?

"Good. How've you been?"

"Good," I lied.

"Have you asked out that girl you talked about yet?"

"No. I've seen her walking around the school with this one guy. I think they're dating."

"Oh. I'm sorry. Well hopefully they'll break up so you can date her! Haha," she was sort of becoming herself around me again.

"Yeah. I'm fine, though. She would probably say no, though. She's way out of my league."

"Oh," she looked down into her lap.

"Well, this was nice," I told her, smiling.

"Yeah.. It was," I grinned back at her.

"I'll see you around," she walked back into her house and shut the door. Wow. I never knew how much I could miss one person, or how much I could like one person without even knowing if they like me back.