Chapter 18 - First Scan and Skype

I had called the hospital during my free period to tell them that I needed to reschedule my scan for five thirty. Detention was going to be two hours long. Two hours that I had to spend with Adam alone in a classroom after school was over

------

After spending two hours with Adam, I was free to go to my appointment. I got to the hospital and soon after, they called me in for my scan.

I laid down on the elevated table before the nurse put the gel on my stomach and moved the wand around to get different angles.

"Yes, you are four weeks pregnant. And this is your baby," she pointed out my baby on the screen.

"Awe, thank you."

"Would you like copies?"

"One please?" I asked.

I stood there, cleaning off my stomach, while she printed off a copy for me to take home. I was so excited.

After I got home, I decided to Skype Calum. I was excited to talk to him again. I know he had only been away for a few hours, but I needed to tell him about what went on at school.

The call was answered after a few rings. He smiled when he saw my face on the screen. He waved at me, saying, "hey babe."

"Hey Cal," I smiled back.

"What's going on? You miss me already?"

"Actually, yes. Today wasn't the best day."

"What happened?"

"Adam was trying to get me to get together with him again in Chemistry. Then at lunch he talked to me again. I began to threaten to punch him or cut his dick off. He thought since you were away that I'd get back with him. He went too far, saying, 'what if something were to happen to Calum?' And I punched him. Long story short, I got sent to the principal's and got detention. Because I got detention, I had to pay to move my doctor's appointment to later which sucked."

"Doctor's appointment? You didn't tell me about that. What happened?"

"It was just a checkup. My mum scheduled it and didn't tell me until yesterday. Sorry," I lied. I didn't want to lie to him, but I did.

"It's fine, babe. I don't need to know exactly everything that goes on, like doctor's appointments, do I? I don't think I do."

"Okay. I'm glad you understand."

"I do. But I miss you too."

"Anything going on there?"

"Actually, we just got off the plane less than an hour ago. We've spent that time in a hotel. I am sharing a room with Michael, but if you were here, I'd share it with you."

"I wish I was there too.. I didn't like not being able to sleep next to you last night. I don't want to have to do that for two and a half months.."

"It's gonna be okay Ror. I'll be back before you know it."

"Good. I don't know if I'll be able to handle Adam. He was being such a dick."

"That's all he thinks about though."

I laughed, and so did Calum. It was true. The only thing he thought about was his dick, if he even does think.

"He even had the guts to ask me if I was on my period because I was getting pissed at him."

"Yeah. I've learned from experience, never ask a girl if she's on her period."

"You're right. It offends them if they aren't.."

I really wanted to tell him about the baby. I didn't want to worry him, though. He'll think I was trying to hide it from him. I don't want that to happen. I want to tell him now. I can't. I just can't.

"Baby?" He tried to get my attention.

"Yeah Cal?"

"What are you thinking about? You seemed pretty lost in thought."

"It's nothing."

"Are you sure you don't want to get it off your chest? Is it something you don't want to tell me?"

"No, it's just.. I don't want to talk about it right now."

"Okay. I'm alright with that."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome, Ror. I love you. You know that, right?"

"I know that. I love you t-" I felt the urge to throw up.

"Baby, you okay?"

I held up a finger to him, then threw my laptop off my lap. I ran towards the washroom and made it to the toilet just in time. I threw up a lot. I had only heard of morning sickness. I didn't know I'd get sick all of the time. This was my first time getting sick, though. I know it won't be my last.

As soon as I figured I was done throwing up my guts, I brushed my teeth and ran back out to my laptop where Calum was patiently waiting. I sat my laptop back onto my legs. I knew Calum was going to ask what just happened. I thought of something to tell him.

"Are you okay? What just happened?" He asked.

"I was throwing up. I think I might have food poisoning."

"Awe, baby.. I wish I could be there with you to help you."

"Yeah. I don't know how I'm gonna handle two months."

"I know, I'm sorry. But I'm here for a reason. I didn't drop out of school for nothing."

"I'm proud of you, Cal."

"Thank you, Ror.. And speaking of that reason why I'm here, we have a show in ten or so hours. We're nine hours behind you."

"Yeah. So how is it in London?"

"It's nice. We're gonna meet up with the One Direction boys here soon. I can't wait to meet them in person."

"Yeah."

"Well, I'm jet lagged bad, and since we have to meet them in a few hours, I'm gonna try to take a quick nap. I'll talk to you later, Ror. I love you and I hope you feel better," he smiled sweetly.

"Thanks babe. I love you too. Bye," I smiled and ended the call.