#4 - Setlocked

It had been at least half an hour and you had watched Benedict repeat his lines, since he was losing concentration. You knew that being an actor was stressful, so you walked up to him, grabbing his attention. 

"Um... Benedict?" You said, nervously. He turned to face you, squeezing his script in his hand. It was so awkward since he was towering over you. 

"...Yes, [Y/N]? What would you like?" Smiling, you nearly choked as he asked you the question. 

"W-w-well... You seem to be messing up your lines quite a lot. Everything okay?" You saw him smile the most adorable smile which made you more comfortable to express yourself. He then chuckled, you and Benedict walking away from your previous position.

"Well... I think that's the perk of being an actor! Trial and error. Today I might be teensy nervous, but-" You realised that he needed a small push to the side which was more positive, so you have him some words of hope, but you didn't know that they sounded quite angry. 

"You shouldn't be nervous! You should man up and not worry about anyone or anything. Who are you? You are Mr Sherlock Holmes, the bold and brave, now act... like... it..." 

Shit. You thought. Your cheeks began to burn and you looked away from Benedict kicking yourself about how bad that must have sounded. You cleared your throat, hoping that both he and you could move on. 

"So... you going to go back on and... show them what you can do?" You saw him bite his lip and you then push him lightly into the spotlight. You put your thumbs and wish him good luck and you walk back behind the camera in your high heels. 

"Quiet on set!" Noise grew quieter and you tried to keep your breaths at a minimum. You saw the bubbly atmosphere inside the restaurant, Martin sitting down with his wife with that mustache. You couldn't stop staring, it was just too funny. "Three, two, one and.... now!" All of a sudden, Benedict was revealed into the room, playing his Sherlock Holmes character. You would hope that he had taken your advice, because it would do him good.

The way Benedict moved, was just like you had seen on TV and you couldn't believe you were being spoilt with some actual scenes of Sherlock. Benedict swiftly walked, stopping suddenly next to one of the waiters and 'read' him, as he was Sherlock. A ramble of noises were heard and Benedict blurted out words. 

"Your wife just texted you. Possibly her contractions have started." The waiter ran out of the room and he smiled, knowing that he was right. 

Yes. You thought. You knew that Benedict had smashed it. You sighed, glancing at a clock, knowing that it was going to be a long night. 

********

"Right everyone, that's a wrap!" You heard the director shout out. Nearly falling asleep, you lifted your head from the table you were leaning on and began to make your way to Benedict, who was looking quite chuffed with himself. 

"Loved your acting!" You said, folding your arms, since you didn't like them dangling by your hips. 

"Why thank you [Y/N]! I really should be giving you the credit with that pep talk you gave me. So... thank you." He gave you a warm smile again offering his arm to you. You grabbed it willingly and followed Benedict towards the camera to see how it had looked.

For about one whole hour, you, Benedict, Martin and Amanda were laughing as the camera because of how funny it looked when Sherlock and John were wrestling each other. You noticed that Benedict could not stop looking at you and you felt so embarrassed. 

After playing back the scene, you realised that Martin and Amanda had left and it was just you, Benedict and the rest of the crew. Forcing yourself to leave, you quietly grabbed your coat and slipped it on Benedict not paying attention, since he was talking to the crew. 

Literally tip toeing, you made your way out of the door, until Benedict called your name. 

"[Y/N]! Wait a moment!" You bit your lip, slowly turning around, with Benedict rushing towards you. "Where you off to?" 

"Home." You said firmly. 

"Oh. Okay." You saw his face sadden slightly. "Do you... not want some dinner?" 

"I-"

"I am warning you, I am not prepared to take no for an answer." He smiled and you couldn't possibly refuse the offer, so you accepted it. 

---------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed it :) Please vote, comment and share :D

Any requests? > PM me or leave them on my profile with #BC Imagines and I will get back to you :3

~SC