Chapter 17

"I knew it. I knew this was all to good to be true. A dare? Really? Me out of all people. I actually thought he liked me." I said, on the verge of tears.

"Mari, he does like you." Bea said.

"Does he? Or did he just lie to you?"

"Yes he does. Trust me."

"I don't know who to trust anymore honestly. You know what's stupid? I actually fell for him. I liked him, a lot."

"I know. But don't cry, I didn't want to tell you but I didn't want to hide it from you. Just don't mention it because he really likes you."

"I don't know. I just need sometime to think." I said, wiping the tears from my cheek.

"Okay. I'm always here if you need me, just call me. Bye." Bea said, leaving.

I'm so stupid. I should of saw it coming. Every date kept playing over and over again in my head. My eyes slowly became heavy and soon I was asleep.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I woke up to someone knocking on the door nonstop. I got up and looked in the mirror. I looked like a zombie but I didn't care. I walked down the stairs and to the door. I opened to see Jack.

"Hey," he said, with a big smile which soon changed. "Are you okay?!"

"No, I'm done with your shit, Jack." I said.

"What do you mean?" He said, confused.

"You know what I mean. The dare? How it all meant nothing? How you wanted to break my heart? Well you succeed, now please leave."

"Mari, listen to me. Let me explain."

"There's nothing to explain. I'm done. I hate you Jack Gilinksy." I said, shutting the door. Tears formed in my eyes and I slide down the door. I heard Jack knock on the door again and him yelling from the other side.

"Let me explain. Please." I heard him say but there wasn't anything to explain. Soon the knocking went away and so did the yelling. I was still crying but I wiped my tears.

"He's not worth it." I told my self. I got up and decided to take a shower. I got out out a couple minutes later and threw on my onesie. I walked out and ran into Dylan.

"Why was Jack asleep in his car outside?" Dylan asked.

"I don't wanna talk about it. I just want to sleep." I said, walking to my room.

"Should I let him in or?"

"I don't care. Just don't let him in my room. Goodnight."

"It's 3pm?" Dylan said, confused.

"And?" I said, going into my room and jumping on my bed.

(A/n) short chapter, sorry :/ but I need to speed things up lmaoo but :((( who's side are you on? Jack's or Mari's? I honestly don't know who's side I'm on :/