Chapter 16

[[Mari]]

I was in the middle of watching an episode of AHS on Netflix when my phone vibrated. I checked and it was a message from Jack.

Jack: get ready, I'll be there in 20 for a date xx

I got up, with a smile still on my face, and picked out a teal sundress and white sandals. I put on the outfit and put my hair in a side braid. I applied some foundation, eyeliner and mascara. I grabbed my phone and my white cardigan since it looked chilly outside. I walked outside and saw Jack parked in front of my house.

"Hi." I said, getting in his car.

"Hey, you look gorgeous." He said, making my cheeks heat up.

"Thanks. So where are we going?" I said.

"Somewhere." He said turning on the car and leaving. I turned on the radio and Shut Up and Dance by Walk The Moon was playing and I couldn't help singing along. Halfway through Jack started to sing along.

"Ooh-ooh-hoo shut up and dance with me." We sang as the song came to an end.

"You have an incredibly amazing voice." I said to Jack.

"Oh shucks, compared to you, I sounded like a dying seal." He said.

"Shut up."

"And dance with me." He said, making me laugh.

"You're a funny, Gilinksy."

"I know. Okay, we're here." He said, parking in front of a restaurant.

"Jack, this place looks amazing, but isn't it a bit expensive?"

"Anything for my babygirl." He said winking and getting out.

"Um ok..." I said getting out and following him inside.

"Reservation for 2, Gilinksy." He said to the lady upfront.

"Right this way Mr. and Mrs. Gilinksy." She said. I gave a weird look to Jack and he shrugged. She lead us to a table out on the balcony, with a view of the ocean which was breathtaking.

"Here's your menus, the waiter will be right with you. Any drinks?" The lady said.

"I'll have a Shirley Temple and she'll have..." Jack trailed off, looking at me.

"A Shirley Temple as well." I said.

"Okay, I'll be right back." She said, walking away.

"You look absolutely stunning, Mari." Jack said.

"You don't look so bad yourself, Jack." I said.

"Wow thanks." He said making me smile.

"I'll be you waiter tonight. Here are your drinks, and did you decide on what to order?" A guy in his about 20's said.

"Uhh I'll have steak, medium rare and salad." Jack said.

"And I'll have Chicken Alfredo with chopped tomatoes." I said.

"Okay, I'll be right back with your order." He said, taking our menus and leaving.

"Bea came over yesterday to talk about you and then randomly left." I said.

"Oh that's weird."

"Yea...she was talking to Sammy on the phone about how she needed to tell someone something and how she doesn't want them to get hurt. It was weird."

"Must of been awkward."

"You betcha." I said. About 5 minutes later our food came.

"Thank you." Jack and I said.

"You're welcome. Enjoy." The waiter said and then left.

"This looks delicious." I said.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer." Jack said, laughing.

"Maybe I will, and plus with the view, perfect." I said, getting up and taking out my phone.

"What're you doing?"

"Get in the frame and make a decent face, idiot." I said. He moved a little and smiled. I took two pictures and sat down. We immediately dug in.

"That was the best thing I ever ate." Jack said, finishing up.

"Same holy moly." I said.

"Here is your bill, hope you had a nice meal." The waiter said giving Jack the bill and then leaving.

"Thanks." Jack said. He put the amount in the little bill folder and we left.

"It was pretty expensive I bet." I said as we got in the car.

"It's fine, don't worry about it babe."

"Okay." We backed out of the parking space and drove to my house.

"I wanna meet your mom, properly." Jack said.

"Sure, if she's home." I said, getting out. We walked to the door and before I could put my hand on the doorknob, it flew open.

"Where have you been?!" Dylan said.

"On a date..." I said.

"Oh."

"Can you get my mom please?"

"Sure." Dylan said closing the door.

"I had a great time tonight. Thanks." I said.

"Anything for my babygirl." Jack said, leaning in for a kiss.

"Woah sorry to ruin the moment." My mom said, as Jack and my lips were less then an inch away. We quickly pulled apart.

"Aw their cheeks are red." Ashley said from behind my mom.

"Uhh so Jack wanted to meet you properly, mom." I said.

"Oh, aww." Ashley and Dylan said.

"Hi, I'm Jack Gilinsky and I like your daughter." Jack said, his cheeks still red.

"Aw that's cute. I'm Mari's mom, you've met me before, and I can't wait to show you so many embarrassing pictures of her from when she was younger. Come on in." My mom said.

"Oh my gosh. Mom, please no." I said.

"Bet these will be hilarious." Jack said.

"I hate you all." I said, laughing.

(A/n) cute? Well I thought it was cute and I hope you guys liked it. Does anyone even read my stories? If you guys do, if you don't mind, comment? Thanks, bye :)x