Chapter 19

(Media: Ailith's ballgown. What do you think?)

-Ailith's POV-

"I can't believe your credit card works here," muttered Hunter as Ailith and he walked out of the weapons shop.

"You'd think the Prince would know about his own kingdom," teased Ailith, nudging him her elbow.

"I haven't been here for two years, and even before that I almost never left the palace," he reminded her.

Ailith rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah excuses. Hurry up. We're on a tight schedule. It's already 11:45."

She dragged him around by his wrist, (much to his protest) looking around for dress-selling stores.

"Here's one!" said Hunter after a while, having shaken her off.

They walked into the shop that he had pointed out.

They wandered through the shop, both suggesting a few alright-looking dresses every now and then.

"They are nice," said Ailith slowly, chewing on her bottom lip.

"But you don't like any of them?" guessed Hunter.

"It's only one shop," she shrugged. "We'll find one. Come on."

***

Hunter and Ailith both walked around for about another twenty minutes before they walked into an exquisite store.

"These are party dresses," laughed Ailith.

Hunter grinned as he browsed through a couple of dresses before holding out a large, crimson ballgown with a sweetheart neckline. "Time to try."

Ailith took the gown and admired it as she walked into a change room.

She quickly took her sleeveless top off and slipped the dress on, not taking off her jeans.

She observed herself in the mirror and frowned. The ballgown was beautiful and almost matched her hair. It didn't however, complement her skin tone really well, the dress being incredibly dark and Ailith's skin being quite pale.

It wasn't right.

"Have you tried it on?" called out Hunter from outside, jarring her from her thoughts.

The dress was strapless, therefore showing off Ailith's bra straps. She was reluctant to show it, before deciding to go with it.

As she opened the door to show Hunter the dress, she made sure to keep her gaze fixed on the floor, aware that her face was probably an identical shade to the dress.

"It's great. But we can do better than that," he said after a moment's thought.

Ailith hurriedly closed the door again and changed out of the dress.

***

After another fifteen minutes, Ailith tried on a white strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline. It had a sequinned bodice and then a flowing, chiffon skirt.

"How's this?" asked Ailith, a large grin on her face as she showed Hunter, brushing down on the skirt.

Hunter looked as if he was taken aback. A slight pink tinged his cheeks as his eyes skimmed her body.

"Hunter?" she asked, feeling heat rise up to her own cheeks.

He blinked rapidly and cleared his throat. "You look stunning. Literally," he said. "Definitely the best dress."

"Very un-Prince-like for you to lose your composure," she smiled playfully.

"Shut up, Everstone," he muttered, turning away and running a hand through his ebony hair. "Just hurry up and buy it."