Chapter Eleven: Check Up

Start from the beginning

I gulp as I watch him give Mia a look; she unwraps her arm and gets off the bed. “Sorry, I’ve got to go.” She whispers to me and she moves away through the group of people.

I shrink back onto the bed, wishing that she could have stayed.

“Amethyst!” A familiar voice yells my name as someone pushes their way through the group throwing themselves at me. Tessa wraps her arms around me in a bone crushing hug for a minute before releasing me.

I pull in a huge breath as I try to make up for the oxygen I didn’t get. “Tessa.” I smile at her as she sits next to me on the bed wrapping her arms around me from the side.

“I’m so glad we both made it.” She muffles into my hair.

“Same.” Is all I say as I eye the other people watching us with amusement.

“Oh…” Tessa laughs. “My family wants to meet you, as well as the Beta’s. My father also wants ask some questions….” She trails off looking me in the eye. “If that’s okay with you?” She asks quietly gripping me tighter.

“Sure.” I give her a small smile which she returns with one of her own, but bigger and brighter than my own.

The man at the front steps forward, he’s a tall muscular guy, copper brown hair and brown eyes. Defiantly would not want to be his opponent. “I’m Alpha Reid of The Copper Eyes.” He introduces himself.

I bow my head respectfully before looking back up at him. “Amethyst sir of The Silver Eyes.” I say in the strongest tone I could muster.

He smiles at me, the amusement I saw earlier back in his eyes. “It’s nice to meet you. This here is my mate Leah.” He wraps his arm protectively around a striking woman with brown eyes and hair who gives me a quick smile. “These are my two sons Nate and Trick. And you’ve met Tessa my youngest.” He moves back to show two older boys.

Both boys take after their father with the respects of being tall and muscular, their eyes a copper brown in colour while there hair are just a plain brown. I nod my head once to both of them a small smile still on my lips. Both boys nod and openly stare at me. But there not staring at me in that sense, there staring at my eyes.

“Silver.” Ones says – Nate.

“That’s so awesome.” The other adds – Trick.

“So I’ve been told.” I mutter looking at the two of them picking up the differences. “But I haven’t seem then for myself.”

I watch as a range of emotions flicker across their eyes – anger, at my being a prisoner? Maybe. Regret, for not getting there sooner? Don’t know. Sadness, for me not really knowing myself anymore? Mostly likely.

The Alpha clears his throat gaining everyone’s attention once more. “Anyway this is my Beta Luke and his family Cordelia – his mate, Drew – his son.” Alpha Reid motions to three others.

I instantly notice that the all loo similar with the brown hair and eyes, but Cordelia’s hair is lighter. Luke is tall and muscular – fitting for the job, Cordelia is tall and slim – making her look like a model and Drew is tall and lean – making him look the odd one out in the guys.

I simply nod to each of them.

“How are you Amethyst?” Alpha Reid asks drawing my attention back to him.

I nod. “Yes, thank you sir.”

His smiles. “That’s good. After a few days. How does it sound to you about heading home?”

I wide grin breaks out across my face of its own accord. “Really? That would be great. Thank you sir.” I say in a rush.

The Alpha chuckles. “I’m glad. But you’ll have to stay here for a few days to recuperate and so we can make sure that The Blood Eyes aren’t going to try anything.” He says. “I’ll see you around Amethyst.” He nods and walks off.

Tessa, Nate, Trick and Drew stay the three boys take a seat of the bed in front of me, for a while we all just sit in silence. No one really knowing what to say or what to talk about.

“Come with us. We’ll take you to Tessa’s room. You both can have a wash and get some clean clothes.” Nate says finally.

The boys stand with Tessa and I following suit clutching the towels close to us and follow behind them through the infirmary and down more halls. Back out onto the grass area we cross it to one of the big houses. Holding the door open for us Trick motions for us to enter, Tessa moves in first glancing around her old house before turning toward her brothers with a tear stained face. “I’m really home.” She mutters before she breaks down sobbing.

Nate and Trick go over and comfort her. “Yea, you really are home.” One of the boys whisper softly as the both hold her close to them. Almost as though they are afraid she’ll disappear if the let go.

I turn away from the scene and meet Drew’s gaze as he too awkwardly looks around.

I feel like an intruder.  

                                                              * * * * * *

Well that's the next chapter :) Hope you enjoyed it.

This chapter and the next ..... hmmm three or two - don't remember at the moment - are just them recuperating so they won't be too exciting.

Other than that. Do enjoy your day. And make mine by posting a COMMENT/FAN and/or VOTING for this story.

Question Time:

What are you thoughts of Alpha Reid??? And the rest of them; Trick, Nate, Drew ... etc.??

Be honest :)

Byezzz

SoaringSpirit ;)