Chapter Ten: Damage Control Stage

• Dedicated to To me for being nice to all of you

Roman’s P.O.V

Would you please hold still!” Cameron growled in frustration as I moved yet again as he tried to reset my broken arm. We’d be at this for a good twenty minutes now, I wasn’t being very helpful but I couldn’t sit still, all I wanted to do was go out there and see what the damage is.

I didn’t bother to reply, instead I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to stop myself from running out of the room, at least not until I’m fixed up anyway. This time when I reopened my eyes I looked up at Cameron and nodded for him to try again.

He sighed as he got back to work, bending my broken arm in this direction, then that direction as he helped to reset it. See we wolves can heal really fast, but only if we’re given this elixir that allows us to concentrate on a certain section to help it heal faster.

“There.” Cameron says as he lets my arm go. “It’s healed but I want you to wear it in a sling for a couple of days. This is just to help it heal all the way.” He walks over to a cabinet, rifles through one of the drawers then comes back over with a white sling in his hand. “Here.” He tosses it at me.

I fix it up so that my arm is wresting within the fabric, then I slide off the infirmary bed im sitting on, moving over toward the beds with the seriously wounded on them. I look over my shoulder at Cameron as I watch him move onto another patient. “How bad are they?” I ask him turning back to the beds.

I don’t hear a reply for a while. But eventually Cameron comes over and stands next to me looking at his pack mates. “They’ll make a fall recovery. Hopefully.” He says in a low voice. Turning to me his face has a grim expression. “Those wolves were well trained. They were able to plough through us if they really wanted to.” He walks away from me again to go do something else.

 “Do you know what pack they were from?” I ask after five minutes of silence, me still staring at the wounded. I turn toward Cameron once I’ve asked the question wanting to see his reaction.

All he does is shrug. “Not sure. Sorry.” He looks over to me for the briefest moment before continuing with stitching up one of the other pack mates.

I let out a long frustrated sigh before turning back toward the wounded staring at each of their faces for a short second before looking up at the door as more people come in with wounded. I look at each face closely trying to find my father, relief floods through me when I don’t find him, but dread does too.

“Has anyone seen my father?” I speak up.

The non-wounded look over at me some with pained expressions others with blank expressions. “Last time I saw him he was walking through the forest outside checking on the damage.” One of them – Nathan – speaks up.

“Thank you. Just checking that he’s not dead in a ditch somewhere.” I say as I let out another sigh.

I hear a quick chuckle come from the doorway. “If your father heard how worried you were he might organise more fights.” Quinn’s voice fills the room.

I turn around to face him but not before I see Cameron’s horrified expression. I smirk at him and turn my fall attention to Quinn. “Glad to see you’re not dead in a ditch somewhere either.”  I allow a small smile to curve my lips as I stare at my friend.

He laughs walking into the room and over to me. “I’m touched that you care that much for me.”

I let out a chuckle as I hold my bruised side.

“Seems as though I came out of this fight in better shape than you.” Quinn mutters as he takes in the sling and my hand clutching my side.

“It’s only a bruise.” I assure him.