Chapter Twenty-Five: Impatience

Roman’s P.O.V.

Pacing from one side of my father’s office to the other side I spin on my heels and retrace my steps then repeat that again. I’ve spent the last hour pacing back and forth in my father’s office waiting for him to return from his run with the patrol so that we could talk.

Well more like I want to rip the place to shreds then leave and take back what is mine. Amethyst. But father said that he watched The Copper Eyes Pack members split up and take each of our prisoners back to their respectful packs. Including Amethyst. Which means I’d have to travel to The Silver Eyes Pack.

I’m fully prepared to do that if I must, but I doubt I would be able to even set one foot into their territory without them catching my scent and ripping me to shreds first then asking questions later. My father has already told me that all the packs would have doubled their patrols. That there would be no way we would be able to get passed into the territories for a while.

That’s why my father went out with Louis, Kirk, Joseph and Hugo to the nearest Human populated town and is bringing back a few. Instead of wolf prisoners we have human ones. But from the state this pack is in I don’t think they’d really care if my father bought home monkeys for our prisoners.

Roughly shoving a hand through my hair I let out yet another heavy sigh, glance at the closed doors for a brief moment then go back to my impatient pacing. I was about to let out another sigh when the office doors swing open and my father walks in.

He glances at me briefly, and then turns, mutters something to a couple of Guards then closes the doors. Turning to me he just stands there quietly for a couple of minutes. His tall well-built frame slumping slightly from lack of sleep thanks to me and the state of the pack, dark brown hair sticks up in various different directions from the wind outside our cave system. His dark brown eyes survey the room quickly before landing back on me again.

“Glad you didn’t trash the place.” He mutters as he walks over to the chair behind his desk and slumps into it.

“If you’d taken any longer I might have.” I grumble irritated.

Alpha Mitchell just watches me, no emotion in his tired eyes. “What is it my son?” He finally asks.

“How many did you manage to snag this time?” I ask avoiding the subject I truly wish to talk about for now.

“A couple of girls a couple of guys.” He rubs his eyes. “We’ll go out again in a couple of days.”

I nod slightly. “How is Pierce?” I ask as I slowly sit in the chair opposite him.

“He’ll be good as new in a few days. Cameron wants to keep him under observation for a couple more days; Quinn spends most of his time beside his bed.” My father informs as he pours a glass of whisky for himself.

“If it was you dad, I’d be beside your bed too.” I say as I look him in the eye.

He just smiles slightly. “I know you would my son. But a pack needs an Alpha to survive.”

“Yeah, but Pierce could have taken over for a while, while you were healing and I was with you. He is the Beta after all.” I argue.

“I know. He’s a good man.” He refills his glass. “Now what are you really here about?” He asks his left eyebrow raising ever so slightly.

I don’t even blink at him knowing that I’m not here for a father son chat, he has always been able to tell when there was something on my mind. “I want Amethyst back.” Is all I say.

Alpha Mitchell lets out a quiet sigh as he place his empty glass back on the table. “Son.” He pauses briefly. “You have to be patient.”

I stand up and start pacing again. “I can’t be patient. All I can think about is Amethyst.” I growl in frustration as I yank a hand through my hair. “Her scent, the feel of her skin, her soft facial features, the curve of her body, the feel of my di-” I groan as I explain my thoughts but get cut off part way.