Chapter Seventeen: Reunion and Confusion

I hold Sebastian’s arm tightly as we follow Alpha Reid around the side of the large crowd. No one pays us any attention as we move; all eyes are glued to their Alpha as he talks about a few things that have been happening.

“There have been sightings of many Rogues outside our boarders these last two months. None of them have dared to pass yet, but it’s like they are waiting for something.” The Alpha speaks in his commanding tone. “So I wish for you to travel in small groups, parents never allow your young children to leave your sights. We don’t want a repeat of what happened about three years ago.” He observes the crowd, parents pulling their children closer to them.

“Nonsense.” Alpha Reid speaks up as he starts up the steps to the platform, all eyes move to him. “Those kidnappings weren’t all random.” He looks back at us then to The Silver Eyes Alpha. “Well the male’s kidnappings were, same as many of the females. But for six of them. A special one from each pack within their vicinity. Daughter of the Alpha or Beta or some that will shift into something special.”

“How do you know all this?” Yells someone from within the crowd.

Alpha Reid turns to the crowd with a grim smile. “Because my Guards and I saved them. Or all the ones that were there.” He peers over his shoulder at Tessa, Tommy and I.

“And where were they? Who took them?” Someone else yells out.

Alpha Reid turns to the Alpha of the pack. “There is only one pack that goes against all rules ever made.”

The Alpha has a thoughtful expression on his well chiselled face; his brown-gold eyes stare at Alpha Reid as he processes his thoughts. His dark brown hair falls across his forehead. He’s a tall well-built man, someone who screams for respect. “The Blood Eyes.” He speaks after a minute his eyes widening.

All Alpha Reid does is briefly nods his head.

“But they’ve never done anything like this before.” The other Alpha says trying to come to terms with what he just found out.

“By the looks of their place. It’s been going on for many generations.” Alpha Reid mutters.

 The other Alpha just looks over his shoulder toward a woman standing off to the side with a young male. Then his eyes move back to Alpha Reid’s but neither of them say anything else, the rest is just silent.

Well. This place is nice. My wolf speaks up a bored tone in her voice.

Meh. It’s alright. I say back to her as I feel a pair of eyes focused on the back of my head.

Are you happy that your back home? She questions

I peer over my shoulder meeting Nate’s eyes as he looks at me suspiciously. Um…. Not quite sure. I think back to her.

Ignore him. He’s just trying to figure out why you can communicate with me. She instructs I turn my head forward looking back to Alpha Reid and the other Alpha.

“Who are your companions?” The other Alpha asks as his eyes drift down to us.

“My mate Leah as you already know her. My sons Nate and Trick. And my Daughter Tessa.” Alpha Reid looks back at us and beckons us up. Tessa and her brothers move forward. Leah already on the platform with her arm around her mate.

“Your daughter…?” The other Alpha questions as he looks at Tessa.

“Indeed. Rescued from those mongrels.” Alpha Reid says as he glances at Tessa who flinches and moves back over to Tommy and me.