Chapter Five: Tough Life

• مهداة إلى To my brother because he allowed me to finish this before nagging me to play Xbo

Noah’s P.O.V

I still remember the day I found out that my sister was kidnapped. I was sleeping in my room when I thought I heard a scream from another room in the house, but I just brushed it off as me hearing things in my sleep. It wasn’t until I felt someone furiously shaking me that I snapped awake and found out that the scream was from my mother.

I remember that moment as though it was only yesterday, hell. As though it was only this morning everyone in the pack makes sure that I remember my place as the failer. As the one who couldn’t look after their younger sister as she slept in her own room for the night.

                                                             ______________

I open my eyes instantly wanting to seriously hurt whoever was shaking me. As soon as my eyes were open and focused all fight left me with a rush. My father loomed over me his eyes a darker, angrier version of grey-blue, I could hearing someone sobbing at the entry way to my room but I couldn’t see whom.

I looked at my father cautiously but yet my eyes held confusion. “What’s the matter father?”

As soon as I said those words I wish I hadn’t, a painful stinging sensation went through the right side of my face as my head snaps to the left my eyes focusing on the wall. “All we asked you to do was to tuck her into bed and make sure that nothing happened during the night!” My father yelled his voice filled with anger and sadness.

I slowly turned my head back toward him my confusion evident all over my features now. “Father I have no idea what you’re talking about.” I shot to a sitting position and scrambled to the other side of my bed as my father growled.

My father just looks at me with pure hatred, the sobs still sound from my doorway but they are abruptly cut off as my mother moves into view. “She’s gone!” She yelled her face changing to hatred as well. “You let her get kidnapped!” Her voice broke on the last word. “We can smell another all through her room.” She spoke quieter this time.

I just stare at the both of them my mind trying to come to a conclusion with what they are yelling at me about. But I kept coming back to the fact that whatever happened they ain’t going to be forgiving me any time soon or ever. I slowly look down to my blankets trying to wrap my mind around what they are yelling about. Then it clicks. “Amethyst.” I breathe out.

My mother and father must have heard because they both growl at me. “You were meant to look after her; it’s your fault that she’s gone!” My father hissed, his wolf side showing more with each word said.

“You’re a disgrace! It’s your entire fault! You are a failer!” My mother spits at me, each word hitting a point inside of me that breaks more and more.

                                                             _____________________

My chest tightens as I relive that moment days after day, hour after hour. All the parents of the pack make sure that I don’t forget the wrong I’ve committed. The younger wolves don’t understand what’s going on, but they too join in to make my life a living hell. On more than one occasion I have thought about just ending my life. But deep down I know that won’t do anything to change the past.

What’s happened can’t be changed, no matter how many times you wish it could have.

 After being yelled at by my parents, listening to them tell me how much they hate me. They dragged me out of the house and straight to the Alpha where they told him what they found this morning and that it was my fault it happened. At the beginning the Alpha was on my side, but then the parental instincts kicked in.