Chapter Fourteen: Sweet News

• Dedicated to To All My Loverly Readers

Sitting on the grass area in front of the Alpha’s house, Tessa sits right beside me with her arm wrapped around my shoulders, mine around her waist as I hold her close to my side as she flinches when the front door to the house opens and her brothers wonder out both making eye contact with me before moving off to the side of the porch.

Shortly after them Drew emerges through the door. His features look exhausted as he slouches against the porch railing next to the other two boys. His face slightly turned toward the sky, his eyes closed. But I can see how exhausted he is from the black smudges under his eyes; his usually tanned face is pale and drawn.

When he opens his brown eyes, I feel surprise well in my heart as I stare at the hallow orbs that once held so many different emotions. I feel Tessa stiffen in my grasp and quiet sobs start to rake her body as I hold her closer to me. She turns toward me burying her face in my shoulder as turns away from what her mate looks like.

Ever since we found out that Drew is Tessa’s mate, we decided to stay with the other prisoner’s in the activity room. Though sleeping on the hard floor wasn’t exactly my idea of comfortable it helped to keep Tessa at ease. But after a few hours of trying to get to sleep we decided to just sleep out on the grass. Which is what we’re going to do again tonight.

But this is the first time we’ve seen Drew or Nate or even Trick since yesterday when Tess found out who Drew was to her and her wolf. It looks as though he isn’t doing too well himself.

The other ex.prisoner’s around us look over at us with curious glances as they try to figure out what’s going on. Others are too focused on how the future Beta of The Copper Eyes Pack looks like to even pay attention to where everyone else is looking.

He’s slowly dieing. My wolf suddenly speaks up. Her voice holds that of pain which is a first for me to hear from her.

What do you mean? I ask as I glance back up at Drew taking in his appearance again.

When someone rejects there mate, that person slowly starts to die. Well the human side. My wolf starts to explain. Eventually his wolf will take over and he will become a Savage.

A what?! I ask my eyes widening.

A Savage. A Werewolf that has no humanity left. She murmurs quietly.

Oh, my god. I mumble. Is there a way to stop it? I ask urgently. I don’t want to see Drew turn into a Savage he’s too nice.

There is…. My wolf says.

I glance over at Tessa realising what my wolf was getting at. Hang on a minute. I say as I start to think back over yesterday when everything took place. But she didn’t reject him.

She basically did, when she kept saying no. My wolf says gently as I feel her lay down. Saying no to your mate is basically rejecting them.

But… I start trailing off when I can’t think of anything to say to that.

But because of whom his wolf is within this pack. It’ll affect him a lot quicker. She observes as I glance back at him.

What do you mean? I ask confused.

I mean that he’ll turn Savage a lot faster than a middle rank or lower wolf will. Because he’s the Beta… She trails off.

His wolf is stronger more dominate though. I say as I eyes slide over to Nate who stares at me suspiciously.

A Beta or Alpha needs there mate to survive…. Is all my wolf says before she disappears behind the walls I’d built up between the two of us.