What Do You See?

I woke this morning and wriggled around to get into a more comfortable position smiling to myself when I felt a pair of arms that were currently wrapped around my waist tighten their grip. I could feel Blake's warm embrace wrapping around my body and his warm breath hitting the back of my neck. I just kept perfectly still to try not and wake him because he was still tired and needed some more rest. The only thing I had planned for today was more gym work. I was supposed to be doing endurance work today which meant Bret would have me at one of the tallest building he could find making me do stair drills or even take me do the local sports centre to make me run laps and up and down the bleachers with push ups at the top and sit ups at the bottom. No matter what I was meant to be doing nothing could ever be as important as this right here and now so I won't be doing any of it. I felt Blake's grip on me tighten even more and turned around to face him only to find him covered in sweat and his eyes were moving rapidly behind his eye lids meaning he was having a nightmare. His eyes shot open to see mine staring down at him with concern. "Sorry." He mumbled in an apologetic tone and I frowned at him. "I woke you up."

"One I was already awake. You know me, I'm always an early riser. And two, don't ever be sorry." He smiled at me weakly and held me close to his bare chest. "Want to talk about it?" I asked lovingly not wanting to push him because I know how difficult it is to make the transformation from military life to civilian life. It was something I had seen many times.

"Don't worry about it." I could see in his eyes that he wanted to tell me but he was holding back. "I don't want you to worry." A frown etched itself onto my face again as I pulled away from his chest so I could look him directly in the eyes.

"You can talk to me." I assured him giving him a chaste kiss. "I'm here for you."

"I'm worried about you." He admitted quietly.

"I'm not the one in a warzone half of the time." I chuckled lightly to lighten the mood. "I'm safe here at home while you're getting shot at left, right and centre. I don't think I'm the one you need to be worrying about."

"I'm worried about leaving you behind, I'm worried about what will happen to you." He was still holding back on me.

"I heard your conversation last night." I rushed out quickly and his eyes widened.

"Kenzie I didn't mean..."

"Shh." I shushed him. "I'm not bothered. I am not scared, I promise every time you go away I will be right here waiting for you when you get back." I kissed him again but when I went to part our lips again he brought his hand to rest on the back of my neck to hold me in position as his mouth claimed mine.

"I love you." He mumbled against my lips before pulling away for breath. I groaned when he let go of me completely and stood up. "I'm only going in the shower baby." He smiled when I pouted. Thankfully we were at Blake's hotel room so it was totally acceptable when I stood from the bed and followed him to the bathroom. Thank god he carried me out of my hotel room because there was no way I would have been doing this with the boys with five metres of us. I opened the bathroom window and quietly shut the door. I pushed Blake's basketball shorts down my smooth legs pulling my panties down at the same time. I then worked on removing the over sized t-shirt I had slept in so I was fully naked. I took a deep breath before pulling back the curtain and stepping into the shower. "I thought you'd never come." He sighed as I wrapped my arms around his waist stepping under the lukewarm water with him. Our lips were sealed together passionately as he pulled me impossibly close to his body before lifting me up and wrapping my legs around his waist to hold me in place.

When we got out I grabbed two towels for us to wrap our bodies up in as I walked on slightly shaky legs. He chuckled at me lightly before sweeping me up off my feet and carrier me through to his room dropping me onto the bed, moving to hover over me, pressing our lips harshly together. He pulled away for breath, smiling down at me with adorning eyes. "We should go to the beach." He suggested and I nodded quickly. I lay on the bed and watched him get ready. "If you stop staring you can get ready you know." I rolled my eyes and stood up allowing my towel to floor to the floor. As soon as Blake saw me he stopped what he was doing and had me pinned to the bed within seconds.

After another couple hours of fun Blake was untying my hands from the bed posts and lying next to me struggling to catch his breath. "Holy fuck." I rasped out smiling up at the ceiling. We listened to the sound of the rain bouncing off the floor outside and giggled. "Looks like we're not going to the beach."

"Lets go to sleep."He yawned already half asleep again and I leant over to press a kiss to his forehead. I just lay in his embrace, staring at the ceiling trying to stay as quiet and still as humanly possible so as not to wake him. "Fuck off." I hissed seeing Luke and Bret walk into Blake's hotel room and straight over to us. "He's sleeping."

"We need you." Bret whispered making sure not to let his voice get any louder than mine was. "There's a slight problem with one of the cars."

"Get a mechanic." I snapped quietly not wanting to have to move right now.

"Please Kenzie." Luke almost begged and I groaned in frustration, gently removing myself from my boyfriends grip on me being sure not to disturb his sleep.

"You owe me big time for this." I pulled on some converse and made the walk with the boys to the broken down car. I walked over and lifted to hood of the car to see if I could see a problem there. "Who last checked the oil levels?" Everyone just looked at each other and shrugged. "Well there's the problem. You fucked up the car engine you dumb fucks." They all just laughed at me and I rolled my eyes. "Give me half an hour and I'll have it up and running."

True to my word the car was up and running again within my half hour time limit. I was soaked through from the rain but at least the damn car was working alright. I turned to face Michael who had waited out in the rain with me to see he had a massive smirk plastered on his face. "What?" I quipped out and his smirk only grew bigger as his eyes dropped to look at my wrists. "Looks like someone had fun this morning." My eyes followed his gaze to see bruises and friction burns around the entire length of my wrist. "Should this not bother me?"

"Whatever."  I shrugged just wanting to get back to Blake before he wakes up. "Can you drive me back to Blake's hotel please?"

"If you drive there while I eat my breakfast." I nodded and he tossed me the car keys so I could get in. I turned the radio on full blast and started to sing along to Birds Can Fly. Michael was constantly looking over at me and smiling the entire journey until I turned to look at him. "What?" He smiled at me like an idiot.

"Are you on drugs or something." I remarked rolling my eyes at how happy he was. I don't know why it was irritating me as much as it was.

"No I'm just thinking." He seemed a little taken aback by my comment but soon brushed it off and started with the smiling again. "Eyes back on the road."

"No." I countered keeping my gaze trained on him watching the road out of the corner of my eye. "Tell me what you're smiling at."

"You." I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and he must have noticed. "Just when I look at you this morning all I can see is how happy you are. I can't get over how much you've changed since Blake got here. You're your normal happy self again and it makes me happy." I took the first turning I could see and pulled over into a little back alley where there was nobody else around.

"What do you see when you look at me?" This was a question that I needed to know the answer to.

"Why?"

"Just tell me what do you see when you look at me." I turned the car off altogether and turned to stare out of the window.

"The truth is," he took a deep breath to collect his thoughts. "I see strength beyond anything I could have ever imagined. I see somebody who has been broken, beaten and knocked down and is still holding her head as high as possible."

"Do you see me as weak?" Blake's conversation still rung clearly in my mind from last night and it really bothered me.

"No. I see you're vulnerable but definitely not weak." I could see the honesty held in his eyes and it made me feel better. "Why are you asking me this?" It took me a minute to collect myself and shake my head to clear all of my thoughts before starting the car back up.

"It doesn't matter." I smiled.